Subscribing signals not coming through

Hello all,

I have subscribed to a set of signals, and saw they made a trade two hours ago for a buy on USDJPY, however the trade was not made for me.

I have my account set up on a VPS, however my desktop was still open at the time of the trade. I have also enabled AutoTrading on the MT4 top bar.

Anyone got ideas as to why it did not carry over and how to sort it out? No point being subscribed if it is not automatically doing it...

JFuller2001:

Hello all,

I have subscribed to a set of signals, and saw they made a trade two hours ago for a buy on USDJPY, however the trade was not made for me.

I have my account set up on a VPS, however my desktop was still open at the time of the trade. I have also enabled AutoTrading on the MT4 top bar.

Anyone got ideas as to why it did not carry over and how to sort it out? No point being subscribed if it is not automatically doing it...

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Hi!

I have a similar problem.... yes, I did everything described in that FAQ publication and I did receive SOME trade info in my account... but only about 1/3 of the trades... with MUCH different results.

I run MT4 on a VPS server, that VPS is very close to my broker server (New Jersey vs NYC).

The signal I subscribed to didn't yield me any profit in the 4 weeks I subscribed. And I didn't alter the orders by forcing them close.  Yet when I see the stats here on MQL5 of this signal, I see a whole different portrait for the last 4 weeks.

Among the most surprising differences... 

My account generated 52 orders in 3 weeks (starting March 8, 4th week didn't open any transaction)... while its stats here say 157 transactions opened since March 8. My difference in terms of money... -$54 while the 157 transactions here show a +$287.

On March 8, I see 13 transactions in the stats here, ALL profitable (+$50 roughly).. I have 10 that opened on my account, with only 1 profitable (-$26.65 total).

I see he's not using the same Forex broker/server as I do... can this difference alone  explain this major discrepancy???  I could understand if there were differences in pips... due to slippage... but missing 100+ transactions in 3 weeks and a $340 difference in performance... I cannot understand that.

Is there a logical factor explaining that or is that Signal/automatic transaction totally wrong (or the stats presented on the site)?

Thanks for your insights.

Sylvain

HoboSylvain:

Do not make multiple posts about the same issue!

I have deleted your duplicated posts!

Keith Watford:

Do not make multiple posts about the same issue!

I have deleted your duplicated posts!

Hi!

Sorry for multiple posts... I first posted it as a new topic in General section then went into an automated section I believe... but both posts disappeared without any explanation. So, I had to try to post it within an existing thread.

Now that I have an explanation, I'll be more careful, but I couldn't have guessed that it was the cause.

Thanks.

HoboSylvain:

Hi!

Sorry for multiple posts... I first posted it as a new topic in General section then went into an automated section I believe... but both posts disappeared without any explanation. So, I had to try to post it within an existing thread.

Now that I have an explanation, I'll be more careful, but I couldn't have guessed that it was the cause.

Thanks.

Your problem is called slippage.

You should check the Slippage tab of the signal and use a better broker/server setup to copy it. Green and upper yellow values are best, orange and red are to be avoided.

Also, try to increase the deviation/slippage setting to 5.0, but only if you use a good setup.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You should check the Slippage tab of the signal and use a better broker/server setup to copy it. Green and upper yellow values are best, orange and red are to be avoided.

Also, try to increase the deviation/slippage setting to 5.0, but only if you use a good setup.

Hi!

Thanks.  I'll investigate this way.  First, I've signed up with the MQL5 VPS server to test it.  I still have a few days on my current signal subscription to see if the signal goes through better.  If not, I'll try another signal.

I had once a "similar" problem (different profit results but same amount of signals).
If you configure the signal to accept slippage of 5, it should take all events.

However, I had the case where the francoscalper was trading in between opening hours with low liquidity and high spread. This is highly dependent on the broker. And even if my system was catching the signals trades immediately, the difference was immense.

What signal are you trying to subscribe? Maybe it is also trading in between opening hours? And how long does the signal keep the positions usually open?

Eleni Anna Branou:

Make sure you've done everything as described here: 

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Hello, I want to have AutoTrading enabled I assume? MT4

JFuller2001:

Hello, I want to have AutoTrading enabled I assume? MT4

Nothing to do with signal copying, just follow my instructions.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Hi!

Well, I tried again with the first signal and with a MQL5 VPS service...  missed 4 orders last night that never even registered on my account... and another one which closed in a loss on my account while it was profitable on the signal source.  So, with 2 different VPS services, same thing.

I thus cancelled the first signal and went for another one, USING THE SAME BROKER as me.  Story seems to be repeating.  I see on his activity here a transaction opened last night... that is not in my account.  I tripled confirmed the signal was installed on my trading account and that the signal was transferred to the VPS.

So, that signal copy thing might be working for some... but I fail to understand how it could, because it does not for me.

I followed all the instructions and I apparently do everything right.  I even extended the slippage margin to 5 when I activated the new signal... yet I do not get all the signals and when I do, they're NOTHING like they should be.

Reason: