Discussion of article "Basic math behind Forex trading"

New article Basic math behind Forex trading has been published:

The article aims to describe the main features of Forex trading as simply and quickly as possible, as well as share some basic ideas with beginners. It also attempts to answer the most tantalizing questions in the trading community along with showcasing the development of a simple indicator.

If you know where to enter and exit the market, you probably don't need to know anything else. Unfortunately, the issue of entry/exit points is an elusive one. At first glance, you can always identify a pattern and follow it for a while. But how to detect it without sophisticated tools and indicators? The simplest and always recurring patterns are TREND and FLAT. Trend is a long-term movement in one direction, while Flat implies more frequent reversals.

These patterns can be easily detected since a human eye can find them without any indicators. The main issue here is that we can see a pattern only after it has been triggered. Moreover, no one can guarantee there has been any pattern at all. No pattern can save your deposit from destruction regardless of a strategy. I will try to provide possible reasons for this using the language of math.

Author: Evgeniy Ilin

Thanks for this article. I was never really good at math but I will keep trying to understand it so I can become a better trader.

VikMorroHun:
Thanks for this article. I was never really good at math but I will keep trying to understand it so I can become a better trader.
I hope it too! but I want to tell you that complex mathematics is not the main thing in trading, the main thing is simple market principles that give you money. There are many approaches and solutions too. I’m just preparing one such that will allow everyone to plunge into the world of patterns and strategies. At the same time, no one will need to delve into programming or mathematics. I really hope that this approach will gain popularity among the English-speaking audience and allow to consolidate the community of traders so that everyone can contribute to the search for working strategies while spending a minimum of time. Here is a link to the latest article translated from Russian to English. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/8660 .  Еhere is already a third article in Russian and within a month there will be a fourth. there will also be a product based on the results
Brute force approach to patterns search (Part II): Immersion
Brute force approach to patterns search (Part II): Immersion
  • www.mql5.com
In this article we will continue discussing the brute force approach. I will try to provide a better explanation of the pattern using the new improved version of my application. I will also try to find the difference in stability using different time intervals and timeframes.
Reason: