MetaTrader 4 trailing stop by default / hotkey?

Hi all

I'm fairly new at this, so apologies if it's a stupid question. Anytime I open a position, I add a trailing stop to ensure I don't lose more profits than I am comfortable with. I find the tool very useful. However, in order to add a trailing stop, you need to click on the open position in the terminal, hoover over trailing stop, then select how many point you want the stop to be set-up with. This takes seconds, and those seconds can sometimes mean hundreds, if the TS is not set in timely.

So my question is, is there a way to add by default a TS of say 15 or 10 points? Or can I set up a keyboard shortcut to add that straightaway, rather than having to go through the two clicks procedure? Thanks!

1. filyoshi: is there a way to add by default a TS of say 15 or 10 points?
    Write a .1script to trail the stop; assign it a hot key.
  2. filyoshi: rather than having to go through the two clicks procedure? Thanks!
    Right click on a order → type tc

William Roeder:
  1. Write a .1script to trail the stop; assign it a hot key.
  2. Right click on a order → type tc

Thanks for the reply William. Could you link me to a guide on how to create such script?

Just to clarify, I am not trying to create an automated strategy. I manually use "one click trading" and I'd just like to add a trailing stop of a certain number of points in one quick keyboard shortcut, rather than having to right click on the order etc.

filyoshi: how to create such script?

You have only four choices:

1. Search for it. Do you expect us to do your research for you?

2. Beg at:

3. MT4: Learn to code it.
    MT5: Begin learning to code it.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

4. or pay (Freelance) someone to code it. Top of every page is the link Code Base.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.08.21

We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using CODE button) and state the nature of your problem.
          No free help 2017.04.21

William Roeder:
  1. Right click on a order → type tc
Thanks for this nice trick William ;-)
Reason: