Cannot login into MQL5 through my VPS!!

Hello all

I would appreciate some urgent help please. I cannot log in to MQL5 through my VPS. I can log in normally everywhere else such as normal PC and phone. When I try through the VPS it keeps saying incorrect password.

Because of this I cannot download my trading robot onto my VPS. Can somebody please help?

Is it related to Community tab in Metatrader located on your VPS?
If yes so please find the information about what to check:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I cant install the purchased EA in MT5 platform

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.21 13:36

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login (aktarahad) - not your email.
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).

----------------

1. "authorization failed" issue solving #1
2. possible fixing #71 and #80
3. product is purchased but not downloaded yet https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/333647
4. all possible options and about what to do: post #9
5. how it was solved: post #13

Sergey Golubev:

Is it related to Community tab in Metatrader located on your VPS?
If yes so please find the information about what to check:

No not related to the community tab. When I go onto Internet Explorer through my VPS, I can't login into MQL5. It doesn't recognise the password. But when I use Internet Explorer without my VPS then I can login fine no problem. I need to login through my VPS.

Aktarahad:
No not related to the community tab. When I go onto Internet Explorer through my VPS, I can't login into MQL5. It doesn't recognise the password. But when I use Internet Explorer without my VPS then I can login fine no problem. I need to login through my VPS.

You can use the other browser ... or check the settings of Internet Explorer (Internet Options - Security - Trusted Sites)

or go to your profile https://www.mql5.com/en/users/aktarahad/security and untick everything related to Binding to IP address

Aktarahad:

Hello all

I would appreciate some urgent help please. I cannot log in to MQL5 through my VPS. I can log in normally everywhere else such as normal PC and phone. When I try through the VPS it keeps saying incorrect password.

Because of this I cannot download my trading robot onto my VPS. Can somebody please help?

Hey.. did you solve this? I have the same issue.. how did you solved it?

I have exactly the same issue. Login directly by Internet Explorer 11 does not work.

Did you all fix it? Please help!

Jan Matthias Wittstock #:

I have exactly the same issue. Login directly by Internet Explorer 11 does not work.

Did you all fix it? Please help!

exact same issue: you can not login to Community tab of Metatrader which is located on external VPS.

------------------

You need to login in Metatrader - Tools - Options - Community,
and place there your forum login (your forum login is mattwitt because the link to your profile is https://www.mql5.com/en/users/mattwitt )
and your forum password.

If it does not work so read post  
Besides, please note that some external VPS providers were banned from thr services and from mql5 portal, and it is related to which error number is written in Metatrader journal - read this blog post https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/753357

Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more
Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more
  • www.mql5.com
Many traders are using MQL5 VPS , and this VPS is having a lot of advantadges, for example - the traders do not lose activations when they  migrate/synhronize their MT4/MT5 environment to MQL5

Jan Matthias Wittstock #:I have exactly the same issue. Login directly by Internet Explorer 11 does not work.Did you all fix it? Please help!

Current builds of MT5 no longer use Internet Explorer, and on Window 10, Internet Explorer has been replaced with Microsoft Edge (with an IE mode).

So, it stands to reason that the MQL5 website may no longer support Internet Explorer either.

I have now installed Firefox on my VPS and it worked!! Login possible. Thank you guys!!
Reason: