Purchased EAs cannot be activated on new VPS or PC

Hi all,

I have purchased 2 EAs directly from MQL5.com but stopped trading for awhile. My VPS account has been cancelled and I have installed a new OS on my PC.

The seller had decided to stop selling those 2 EAs. I have saved copies of the 2 EAs but they don't work when I attached to a chart. The other EAs are working just fine (just those 2 from that developer)

The developer advised me they are standalone EAs and should be working. I think they need to be activated again with new platform, right?

Can anyone show me how to do this or get these EAs working again as that's a big sum of money? The cost of decompile these 2 EA are too high

Thank you for reading

Regards

Kevin

If you bought the products from the Market but the products were removed/deleted from the Market after that so you can still use those products with not a problem at all (within all available activations).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I bought a indicator and its not popping up on my mt4 purchased

Sergey Golubev, 2020.08.03 07:31

Look at the journal/logs, it should be written something there.
Besides, you can search EAs in Metatrader: type the name of the EA on the top right corner of Metatrader.

----------------

Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931  

How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market/market_buy

A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
  • www.mql5.com
An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

KevinNg:

Hi all,

I have purchased 2 EAs directly from MQL5.com but stopped trading for awhile. My VPS account has been cancelled and I have installed a new OS on my PC.

The seller had decided to stop selling those 2 EAs. I have saved copies of the 2 EAs but they don't work when I attached to a chart. The other EAs are working just fine (just those 2 from that developer)

The developer advised me they are standalone EAs and should be working. I think they need to be activated again with new platform, right?

Can anyone show me how to do this or get these EAs working again as that's a big sum of money? The cost of decompile these 2 EA are too high

Thank you for reading

Regards

Kevin

MQL5 Market purchases are only working if are installed through your MQL5 account in Market tab of Terminal/Toolbox window.

There is no standalone option for MQL5 purchases, so if you've copied the ex4/ex5 files from your Experts folder and paste them into your new MT4/5 terminal they won't work.

Hi all,

Normally I can download or activate again in new platform right? As I purchased the EAs directly from MQL5. Please see attached file.

I tried many steps as delete files in community folder and upgrade IE to latest but it does not help

The error message just shown Ea cannot be loaded. The MT4 version I used is latest 1280 build 24-07-20

Files:
EA.PNG  163 kb
EA_Error.PNG  16 kb

As far as I know - MetaQuotes changed something - it is reply from the service desk:

The profile displays only significant purchases:
  1. The product was bought for money
  2. The product is now not free, even if downloaded for free.

In the terminal, one category is added to this all:

1. Physically installed on the device
Hence the difference.

So, if you already installed this product on Metatrader so you can copy this product (EA?) from market folder of one Metatrader to the market folder of an other Metatrader, mouse click "refresh" or restart Metatrader - in case those two Metatraders are located in one computer.

Because, as I see from your image, the system recognize those products as already installed on metatrader within computer - look at #16

Free Purchased EA/Indicator on Market
Free Purchased EA/Indicator on Market
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I want to see list of my purchased EA/Indicator/whatsoever that bought free (no cost) on MQL5 Market, so where are those list exactly I can fin...

Because when I updated MT4 to the latest 1280 build so I had to login to Community tab once again, restart MT4 two times, and after that only I can see the Market and my purchased products and installed them.

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info but I still can’t get the EAs run. Any latest including demo EA can run but the old ones downloaded don’t work

KevinNg:
Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the info but I still can’t get the EAs run. Any latest including demo EA can run but the old ones downloaded don’t work

As I told above - it may be related to the following:

• something wrong with your OS, or
  • Community tab in Metatrader - try to fill Community tab with your login (your login is kevinng) and your forum password once again, click OK, restart Metatrader .. still filled? if deleted so do it once again, restart your OS ... (because I had this issue and it is what I did), or
  • Internet Explorer should be installed on your OS as the alatest version (I am having IE version 11), or
  • activations for some products were finished, or
  • you bought those products on the other your username (in case you are registered twoce on this forum for example.

It is what I know.

You can check everything once again, and try to find old products using search function located on the top right corner in Metatrader (do not start with Market tab, you can "start with search" the product by name).
Reason: