How to open cache optimization file (.opt), MT5

Hi,

Is there a way to open Metatrader 5 optimization cache file (folder -> tester/cache/) with another software and export the data in .csv format or another format different than .xml?

or

Is there a way to export optimization results in another format different than .xml?

Thanks!!

I am trying that as well but did not figure it yet. How can you export in .xml format? because the file looks encrypted somehow

DDamasceno:

Hi,

Is there a way to open Metatrader 5 optimization cache file (folder -> tester/cache/) with another software and export the data in .csv format or another format different than .xml?

or

Is there a way to export optimization results in another format different than .xml?

Thanks!!

If yo use BackTest Kicker to do multiple tests in a row it will save the Cache and XML for Back and Forward optmization on the report folder.

Im looking in a way to open the .opt file too but its not to export to a csv, I want to export a list of Inputs for specific passes 

NathanYsp #:
If yo use BackTest Kicker to do multiple tests in a row it will save the Cache and XML for Back and Forward optmization on the report folder.

Im looking in a way to open the .opt file too but its not to export to a csv, I want to export a list of Inputs for specific passes 

Have a look at the code included with the recently released book "MQL5 Programming for Traders" -- https://www.mql5.com/en/book/

I haven't tried myself, but there is an OptReader.mqh header file that may help you... There's a vast library of useful classes/utilities & examples -- have a look at https://www.mql5.com/en/code/45596 

Let me know how you get on, I'm kind of curious about what you're trying to do.

MQL5 Programming for Traders – Source Codes from the Book. Part 7
MQL5 Programming for Traders – Source Codes from the Book. Part 7
  • www.mql5.com
The final seventh part of the book discusses the advanced capabilities of the MQL5 API, which will be useful when developing programs for MetaTrader 5. These include custom financial symbols, built-in economic calendar events, and general-purpose technologies such as networking, databases, and cryptography.
Reason: