Sellers

Why is there no protection for buyers being mislead by sellers making false claims about indicators.  Constantly sellers are saying indicators dont repaint, recalculate.  When you buy them, the do repaint and recalculate and wont update.  I used to support them but many are just scamming people.  I have bought my last indicator on this site.

Thomas Butler:
Why is there no protection for buyers being mislead by sellers making false claims about indicators.  Constantly sellers are saying indicators dont repaint, recalculate.  When you buy them, the do repaint and recalculate and wont update.  I used to support them but many are just scamming people.  I have bought my last indicator on this site.

MQL5.com cannot test each one of the products that are for sale in this website for its effectiveness, its testing their functionality upon publication but this is it.

You should check the demo version of a product, before purchase and if you have a problem with it, you should contact the author/seller for support.

If you feel that you've been tricked somehow, contact the Service Desk with your case.

Eleni Anna Branou:

MQL5.com cannot test each one of the products that are for sale in this website for its effectiveness, its testing their functionality upon publication but this is it.

You should check the demo version of a product, before purchase and if you have a problem with it, you should contact the author/seller for support.

If you feel that you've been tricked somehow, contact the Service Desk with your case.

I never said for MQL5 to test anything.  The back test is different from live.  That is the problem.  There should be refunds from sellers who say things that arent true to make money

Eleni Anna Branou:

The service desk doesn't respond to anything like this.

Eleni Anna Branou:

They should pass rules against fraudulent claims to make money.

The main problem is the following:
many users prefer to buy "something" from "someone". And when this "something" turned out to be not what the buyer imagined, the buyer begins to complain (because some people/buyers wants to spread their own risks to anyone except themselves in this case).

----------------

And I am posting this suggestion all the time on the forum. It is related to the Signals, the Market, and to the Freelance as well - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or you are familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

This is old discussion (I am posting this my opinion since 2013): always choose the person (provider/seller/developer) you know on this forum (who is very active here), and you will have much less problems with anything.

Just my opinion sorry (because I am not a coder, and I am using Freelance and buying the products in the Market as well).

Thomas Butler:

It is not allowed to claim that their product makes money.

This is written in the terms and conditions.

If you find a product that makes such claim please report it.

Thomas Butler:

The back test is different from live.  That is the problem.  There should be refunds from sellers who say things that arent true to make money

This is your personal mistake for assuming that a backtest should resemble live results.

This is not the case.

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Marco vd Heijden:

This is your personal mistake for assuming that a backtest should resemble live results.

This is not the case.

I never said that it was a claim for them to say it makes money.  You didnt read.  I said repaint and recalculate.

Thomas Butler:

I never said that it was a claim for them to say it makes money.  You didnt read.  I said repaint and recalculate.

Marco vd Heijden:

This is not the case.

If you say you have an indicator that doesnt repaint or recalculate and come tot find out that the indicator does repaint, then that is a lie the seller is using to make money off of buyers.

Thomas Butler:

from the market rules :
"The Product must not:

• guarantee, promise or hint at profits through the Product name, logo, screenshots or description;
  • contain words and expressions in superlative degree relating to Product features or the underlying concept;
  • present trading strategy backtest results as real trading results, whether expressly or implicitly;
  • contain links to external resources to be used as a description;
  • contain flashy/immodest titles of description sections or Product names;
  • use images of money or valuables in any form;
  • use any pictures of non-aesthetic nature as a Product icon or screenshots.

The Product shall be described in a calm manner using simple clear sentences without slang and abbreviations."

So what Marco is saying is this  : If you find a product that has the above ,this tells you immediately that the seller is  knowingly in violation of the rules so they could be trying to scam buyers.

Use that violation as an indication 

If the indicator is too beautiful on the history, it means that it is repainted. If the history shows a lag or sometimes incorrect construction, it probably wasn't repainted. BUT! You can always check this in the tester before purchasing. Set the "all ticks" mode and see what happens on the current bar. And there are no problems.
Reason: