Automated Trading Championship 2011: A New Battle! - page 2

hope atc2011 start ealier this year, we don't have to wait until OCTOBER like last year.

yster:

hope atc2011 start ealier this year, we don't have to wait until OCTOBER like last year.
Each year ATC starts at the beginning of October and takes place during Q4. I don't see a reason why should it be different each year.

Enigma71fx:

Lenar:

is there any credible release date of visual mode of strategy tester?

We started working on it, but still i cant say when it will be released.

to yster: We dont think to change the schedule dramatically. 

Can we have a real competition based how how real money would be traded i.e. based on risk vs. reward ratio? Right now the competition is based on luck and gambling attitude. No wonder 95% of forex traders lose money. Everyone want to turn $10K into $700K within 3 months. Yes, it is possible however the results is not sustainable in real life. The automated championship is flaming the greed in everyone. It is sending the wrong message to new traders who are just getting into the business. If MT5 is to gain the main stream recognition in the financial industry, it must set a good corporate responsibility. It must ensure that the championship winners continue to be profitable after the contest and continue to be excellent spoke persons for the company. Presently, winners get their 15 minutes of fame and then wither away because their EAs stop working after the championship.   

waterhorse:
Can we have a real competition based how how real money would be traded i.e. based on risk vs. reward ratio? Right now the competition is based on luck and gambling attitude. No wonder 95% of forex traders lose money. Everyone want to turn $10K into $700K within 3 months. Yes, it is possible however the results is not sustainable in real life. The automated championship is flaming the greed in everyone. It is sending the wrong message to new traders who are just getting into the business. If MT5 is to gain the main stream recognition in the financial industry, it must set a good corporate responsibility. It must ensure that the championship winners continue to be profitable after the contest and continue to be excellent spoke persons for the company. Presently, winners get their 15 minutes of fame and then wither away because their EAs stop working after the championship.   

Good point. However I do not believe that any profitable EA will be released here. Does not make any sense. This is marketing weapon. And place for programmers not traders. Rules are ridiculous! "The winner" is the luckiest...

This championship is for amateurs and beginers. I do not know any serious investor to use such risk in any market! 

Lenar:

For now, we dont see any reason to extend the list of securities. As you may see from our survey only four of twelve securities  are used frequently. Moreover, EURUSD was the favorite by trades amount, leaving far behind all the rest symbols. Do you think that extended list of securities will give some benefits?

I think adding commodities and the metals markets, as well as basic charts as available on other brokers (USDX, FTSE, S&P...) will encourage more development in the area of "fundamentals" as they relate to the interaction of securities. This is a promising area of automated trading, as computers more easily track the fluctuation of securities in relation to one another.

It can expose our "brainless" code to basic correlations between crude and USDCAD, XAU and USDCHF, Dow and EURJPY -- these are just the simplest examples. Implementation of more information leads us to another way to advancing AI development.

The concept of the "big picture" is used by most every trader - we may use rates from 6 markets to trade just 1. There is no need for the EA to be cut off from this information.

Even if extraneous securities are NO_TRADE_ALLOWED, it will open the robot to important market information. We aren't able to connect to external data sources per contest rules, so it seems fair.

waterhorse:
I think the only way to get a really good competition would be to run it for the whole year and to let people make changes to their EAs during that time. Might be a little too difficult.

waterhorse:
I think the only way to get a really good competition would be to run it for the whole year and to let people make changes to their EAs during that time. Might be a little too difficult.

Lugner:

I think adding commodities and the metals markets, as well as basic charts as available on other brokers (USDX, FTSE, S&P...) will encourage more development in the area of "fundamentals" as they relate to the interaction of securities. This is a promising area of automated trading, as computers more easily track the fluctuation of securities in relation to one another.

It can expose our "brainless" code to basic correlations between crude and USDCAD, XAU and USDCHF, Dow and EURJPY -- these are just the simplest examples. Implementation of more information leads us to another way to advancing AI development.

The concept of the "big picture" is used by most every trader - we may use rates from 6 markets to trade just 1. There is no need for the EA to be cut off from this information.

Even if extraneous securities are NO_TRADE_ALLOWED, it will open the robot to important market information. We aren't able to connect to external data sources per contest rules, so it seems fair.

Totally Agree since intermarket analysis is missing from EA's.

I hope you keep the rule same as 2010. Thank you.
Reason: