THE 2007 TRADING CHAMPIONSHIP!

I invite all forum participants to give their opinions on AUTOMATED TRADING CHAMPIONSHIP 2007! It will be useful for the organisers.
Personally, I think it should be at least 6 months long.

The lot is permanent.

So that there is no extreme in experts not working later on in real accounts due to the high risk, I would set the Equity Championship for the margin call at 50-70% instead of 20%.

chv писал (а):
So that there is no extreme in experts not working later on in real accounts due to high risk, I would set the Equity Championship for the margin call at 50-70% instead of 20%.

I totally agree, in my opinion we need real trading conditions

xeon:
chv wrote (a):
So that there is no extreme in EAs not working later on in real accounts due to high risk, I would put the Equity Championship for margin call at 50-70% instead of 20%.

I totally agree. I think we need real trading conditions

Agreed!

I'd add even if it's a constant lot
no more than 10-30% of the deposit
real traders - sober - do not put 50-70% of the deposit! in a deal

HIDDEN писал (а):

The lot is constant.

I support this, but it is not enough. You can open 20 orders with a fixed lot.
Therefore fixed Lots=1 and no more than one open order in one direction.
So locking is allowed but pyramid is not.

I would add no more than 10-30% of the deposit, even if it is a constant lot.

It does not make sense to make the fixed lot larger or smaller than 1. The point is not in its size, but in making sure that everyone plays in the same conditions, and the competition is in experts' efficiency, rather than in aggressiveness and adventurism. So 1 lot with an initial deposit of 10000 will automatically limit the % of the deposit used to open a position.

But the % on margin call really can be raised. There are brokers who use 1:100 leverage as a limit value below which this particular margin call is triggered. In our measurement system it is 100%.

Gentlemen, you forget that by putting up a permanent lot, you completely kill the logic of the experts. Restrictions should be such as not to break the experts.

There is no way we are going to have a competition of neutered EAs.

Renat писал (а):
Gentlemen, you forget that by putting up a permanent lot, you completely kill the logic of the experts. Restrictions should be such as not to break EAs.

Good, then untie our hands completely. There are no restrictions, there is logic and ala who is good at what.

I would also like to see this in the rules.
I would like to see 1 EA in 1 copy of MT4 attached to any number of charts. The reason is that multicurrency EA that trades only one chart for all currencies, is not the programmer's qualification, but perversion of Championship rules.
What is the sense of doing it this way, if in the real trading process the EA is attached to 1, 2, 3, etc. charts

Renat писал (а):
Gentlemen, you forget that by putting up a permanent lot, you completely kill the logic of the experts. Restrictions should be such as not to break the experts.

I am not calling for "cutting the EAs" (the more so for EA developers :-)) ) I am calling for making the conditions for trading as close to the real trading as possible.
Reason: