Off-topic posts - page 119

@mohammad Asghari #: I am working with Fxdreema and built a robot which was so profitable (drawdown: 2, Profit factor: 18) in back test But when I test it in forward test it failed. Is there anybody to help me why the result of back and forward test are different?!!

Firstly, don't hijack other users forum threads for your off-topic question.

Secondly, here is a boiler-plate answer to your query ...

• Usually people who can't code don't receive free help on this forum.
  • If you show your attempts and describe your problem clearly, you will most probably receive an answer from the community. Use the CODE button (Alt-S) when inserting code.
  • To learn MQL programming, you can research the many available Articles on the subject, or examples in the Codebase, as well as reference the online Documentation.
  • If you do not want to learn to code, that is not a problem. You can either look at the Codebase if something free already exists, or in the Market for paid products (also sometimes free). However, recommendations or suggestions for Market products are not allowed on the forum, so you will have to do your own research.
  • Finally, you also have the option to hire a programmer in the Freelance section.

is the a volume profile i can use for mt5 and trade the dj naz dax uk 100 ie indices i can5t find one that works 

I am trying to download a robot to be installed into my mac meta 5. It keeps asking

"Have you installed MetaTrader 5?
MetaTrader 5 is required for installing Mercurial Position Sizing Trade Manager

When I click I do have, nothing happens. Is there a trick on going beyond this?

@halityilmaz #: I am trying to download a robot to be installed into my mac meta 5. It keeps asking  "Have you installed MetaTrader 5? MetaTrader 5 is required for installing Mercurial Position Sizing Trade Manager. When I click I do have, nothing happens. Is there a trick on going beyond this?

Don't install it from the Website. Install it from within MetaTrader.

From within MetaTrader, go the Navigator and click on the "My Purchases" under "Market", and then click "Install" from the list of products that are presented in the main window.

Make sure you are logged on with the "MQL5 Community" login that was used to buy the product.

Hi, I notice that my profile name gets 2 full names at first name and last name after registering as a new seller yesterday. I am not able to update name at my side. 

Nathanael Thomas Oswald Nathanael Thomas Oswald #:
Hi, I notice that my profile name gets 2 full names at first name and last name after registering as a new seller yesterday. I am not able to update name at my side. 
You can write to the service desk (post ).
Because we on the forum have nothing to do with any validation and any names written.

Hi... current how this trading on my profits my country ZA

If I understand things correctly, it should be possible to use an EA which places a pending order, placed manually by myself, and then manage multiple TP's for me. Do I have that correct?

And then if thats correct, is it possible to do that with multiple charts, ie if I have a setup forming on two (or more) pairs, will those pending orders both be able to be placed with my EA, uploaded and then managed on the VPS?

@Guy Verwey #: If I understand things correctly, it should be possible to use an EA which places a pending order, placed manually by myself, and then manage multiple TP's for me. Do I have that correct? And then if thats correct, is it possible to do that with multiple charts, ie if I have a setup forming on two (or more) pairs, will those pending orders both be able to be placed with my EA, uploaded and then managed on the VPS?

Your post was moved to "Off-topics" because it is not directly related to the VPS thread.

Yes, you can have an EA created to manage your trades for you and yes that EA can be placed on a VPS so that you don't have the terminal open 24/7.

However, the exact specifications depends on your requirements. It may even be possible to not even require the VPS.

For example, instead of placing one pending order and have an EA partially close off the resulting position at different target levels, you can simply have placed multiple pending orders, each one with a different volume and profit target. That can be done manually (not requiring an EA nor VPS) or via a support EA to do it for you (still not requiring a VPS).

So, it all depends on the level of trading knowledge, coding skill and requirements.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Your post was moved to "Off-topics" because it is not directly related to the VPS thread.

Yes, you can have an EA created to manage your trades for you and yes that EA can be placed on a VPS so that you don't have the terminal open 24/7.

However, the exact specifications depends on your requirements. It may even be possible to not even require the VPS.

For example, instead of placing one pending order and have an EA partially close off the resulting position at different target levels, you can simply have placed multiple pending orders, each one with a different volume and profit target. That can be done manually or via a support EA to do it for you and it will not require a VPS.

So, it all depends on the level of trading knowledge, coding skill and requirements.

Sorry I dont believe I worded things correctly, as it was specifically about the MT5 VPS and whether it can assist with my current EA(I thought I had posted in a thread about the MT5 VPS?)

I have an EA (TradeManager).  I know it runs on a VPS fine, even remotely picks up the trades if setup on the VPS and my desktop. I was wondering specifically for the MT5 VPS thats built into MT5.  As fas as I know the MT5 VPS does not require one to login with the remote desktop app (which I have used in the past and is incredibly slow for me). I believe the MT5 VPS is synced with the desktop setup via a few clicks?

So the query is regarding the VPS, and whether I can place my pending order (or market order for that matter) trade on TradeManager, setting a TP1 and a TP2. At that point click 'sync' with the MT5 platform, and then my EA can manage my targets from that point on the VPS, safe in the event of power cuts etc? Usually I would place two trades just as you suggest, but I would like to use my current EA which has a feature for multiple TP's which would achieve the same as long as I can keep it running.

Reason: