Major issue with MT5 - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

No it didn't, I had already informed admins before I edited your title.

I understood the severity of this issue.

Ok. Thanks again for your help. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Forecast and levels for Oil

Alain Verleyen, 2020.04.20 23:43

Not sure it is an MT5 issue :

The settings said it's not allowed to go negatives, and as far as I know the broker is configuring the settings. However I never seen MT5 with negative prices so it could also be an MT5 issue.

Alain Verleyen:

I didn't even think to check that... If it's a setting that {broker_name} just forgot to change then that'll go down as one of the biggest broker **** ups ever. I had considered transferring funds to {broker_name} from my other futures broker but definitely not now. My system took a long position at 0.01 and my demo account blew up because the platform froze and price went to -40. Had that been real money, I'd be furious right now, and I guarantee that someone with real money got shafted today. 

Well i just came to the same conclusion about the negative price and then i found this thread i am also curious to know the outcome of this.

The platform should be able to go into negative so it's most likely a broker server setting.

So what was the verdict, Eleni Anna Branou? Was it a platform issue or a broker issue?

nicholi shen:
So what was the verdict, Eleni Anna Branou? Was it a platform issue or a broker issue?

They've told me that they will look into it, no answer yet (to me at least).

I dont think its a broker issiu on a future contract, but when you zoom on. Mt5, you will never see a negativ scale, so it lloks more a platform problem

My reasoning is that since the platform has the parameter to prevent negative prices it must be possible because why else would it be there, and moreover if this parameter is disabled where it should be enabled then it can only be a broker issue because they are responsible for the instrument settings in the specification. 

Maybe its possible to create a custom symbol with a negative price feed this was on my to do list but i have been busy with other things.

Out of curiosity, how would you propose the account required margin gets handled when a rate is negative. 

Will it also  be negative?

it will mess up a lot calculations?

Michalis Phylactou:

Out of curiosity, how would you propose the account required margin gets handled when a rate is negative. 

Will it also  be negative?

it will mess up a lot calculations?

You can calculate the margin in absolute values

even mql5 have functions for this like MathAbs

this is the smallest problem 

Reason: