Quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)

• I have 2 live MT5 accounts with my broker.
  • I want to create 2 virtual servers (2 VPS's from MQL5) one for each account. 
  • I have an EA with 5 activations, and I want to test it on both accounts.
  • I understand that: If I install the EA on my local terminal, I will lose have 4 activations left.

Questions:

1. Should I install the EA first before creating the VPS's? Or does it matter?
  2. If I install EA first: After EA installation, can I sync it to the two different VPS's, and still have 4 activations left?
  3. If i buy a new PC tomorrow with MT5, can i log into the VPS's, sync them to local MT5, tweak the EA, and then sync back to the VPS's?

Thanks!

1. Yes, you should install EA on your PC first, spending one activation.

2. If we are talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 - yes (you will still have 4 activations left).

3. If you buy new PC so you should install EA on this new PC (Metatrader on this new PC) - and it is one activation, because the activation is per PC.
And VPS is not changed untill you make a new sync.
Because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud", and synch/migration is sending everything to the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".

But please note that MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is not accepting dll. It means - if your EA is using/calling/trying to use dll so this EA can not be used in MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Sergey Golubev:

1. Yes, you should install EA on your PC first, spending one activation.

2. If we are talking about MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 - yes (you will still have 4 activations left).

3. If you buy new PC so you should install EA on this new PC (Metatrader on this new PC) - and it is one activation, because the activation is per PC.
And VPS is not changed untill you make a new sync.
Because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud", and synch/migration is sending everything to the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".

But please note that MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is not accepting dll. It means - if your EA is using/calling/trying to use dll so this EA can not be used in MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5.

Thank you for your detailed answer, this is helping me make some decisions. 3 more quick Yes/No questions.

1. Can I access my MT5 VPS from terminal on another laptop? Or is it only from that main laptop (where I first synchronized from)? 

2. If I can access it from another laptop (see above question), then can I *modify* it from another laptop?

3. Let's say I have an MT5 VPS for my XM broker account. Can I modify the VPS and change it to be for my ICM broker acct?

1. Yes. Because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is per trading account (it is not per computer).
But please note - there is no RDC, because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".

Monitor VPS - post #1

2. Yes. "Modify" = synchronize (by migration) = sending open chart(s) with EA(s) attached with your selected settings for those EA(s) and/or signal subscription - to
MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 (to the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud").

3. Move your VPS subscription from one your trading account to an other your trading account?
Yes.
Once in a week, and you can not move VPS subscription from MT4 account to MT5 account, or from MT5 account to MT4 account.
Between MT4 accounts (or between MT5 accounts) are ok.

You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another: post #2

----------------

to make a shorter (about VPS) - post #19

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

EA's property update and MQL5 VPS

Eleni Anna Branou, 2021.03.18 23:11

The correct sequence is:

1. You load your EA on the corresponding chart.

2. You adjust your settings.

3. You click the Auto Trading button.

4. You migrate to your MQL5 VPS.

5. You right click on the MQL5 VPS in the Navigator window >> Journal and you check that your migration was succesful.

VPS testing and monitoring
VPS testing and monitoring
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I am new to VPS. I have migrated my EA to VPS and can see that VPS is running...

kasinath:
Thank you for your detailed answer, this is helping me make some decisions. 3 more quick Yes/No questions.

1. Can I access my MT5 VPS from terminal on another laptop? Or is it only from that main laptop (where I first synchronized from)? 

2. If I can access it from another laptop (see above question), then can I *modify* it from another laptop?

3. Let's say I have an MT5 VPS for my XM broker account. Can I modify the VPS and change it to be for my ICM broker acct?

Some small notes on Sergey's good answers.

1. As long as you can login into a MT4/5 terminal and into your MQL5 account, you can access it on any laptop anywhere in the world, but if you want to perform a new synchronization/migration with the EAs you use, you must also have these EAs, indicators, templates etc. on hand on this other laptop.

2. The same applies here, in order to have full functionality over your EAs, indicators etc. you must have them available on this other laptop.

3. If you mean to modify your XM MQL5 VPS, while you are logged into another broker's account, no you can't, you can only check that is running OK, stop the MQL5 VP server and re-start it. You can't synchronize/migrate though.

Sergey Golubev:

1. Yes. Because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is per trading account (it is not per computer).
But please note - there is no RDC, because MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud".

Monitor VPS - post #1

2. Yes. "Modify" = synchronize (by migration) = sending open chart(s) with EA(s) attached with your selected settings for those EA(s) and/or signal subscription - to
MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 (to the "copy of your Metatrader in cloud").

3. Move your VPS subscription from one your trading account to an other your trading account?
Yes.
Once in a week, and you can not move VPS subscription from MT4 account to MT5 account, or from MT5 account to MT4 account.
Between MT4 accounts (or between MT5 accounts) are ok.

You can move your VPS subscription from one account to another: post #2

----------------

to make a shorter (about VPS) - post #19

Fantastic. Thank you, @Sergey and @Eleni . This has been very helpful. With all this information, i have decided to go ahead and purchase a VPS.

Final question: I understand that if you access your VPS from another machine (other than original one with the EAs), that you cannot modify EAs and Indicators, but what CAN you do?   

kasinath:

Fantastic. Thank you, @Sergey and @Eleni . This has been very helpful. With all this information, i have decided to go ahead and purchase a VPS.

Final question: I understand that if you access your VPS from another machine (other than original one with the EAs), that you cannot modify EAs and Indicators, but what CAN you do?   

If your other machine is having your EAs and you can modify them on your machine (without VPS) so you can connect to your trading account (on the other machine) and synchronize your modified EA with VPS.
Because VPS is per trading account (irrespective off any machine).

Sergey Golubev:
If your other machine is having your EAs and you can modify them on your machine (without VPS) so you can connect to your trading account (on the other machine) and synchronize your modified EA with VPS.
Because VPS is per trading account (irrespective off any machine).

I'm sorry i believe my question wasn't written clearly.  Let me paraphrase.

• From my terminal on laptop 1, I created an MQL 5 VPS, and synced my brokerage account to it, with several EAs and indicators.
  • From my terminal on laptop 2, i do not have any EAs, but i would like to open my MQL5 VPS mentioned above, to monitor the account ,
    • Can I do that? 
    • I know i cannot modify the EAs; what other functionality is limited or not available, from this other machine? Can I do a regular sync with no EAs?

kasinath:

I'm sorry i believe my question wasn't written clearly.  Let me paraphrase.

• From my terminal on laptop 1, I created an MQL 5 VPS, and synced my brokerage account to it, with several EAs and indicators.
  • From my terminal on laptop 2, i do not have any EAs, but i would like to open my MQL5 VPS mentioned above, to monitor the account ,
    • Can I do that? 
    • I know i cannot modify the EAs; what other functionality is limited or not available, from this other machine? Can I do a regular sync with no EAs?

Yes, you can monitor your account and MQL5 VPS Journal, but you will not be able to adjust or re-synchronize your trading environment, since you don't have your EAs and indicators on that 2nd laptop.

Yes, you can use laptop 2, install Metatrader on it, login to your brokerage account and monitor your VPS using VPS journal.

There are no differences related to it.

This MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is connected to your trading account (only), and it does not matter which machine you are using and which location you are using/login from (your home, hotel, etc).

• www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

Thank you both so much, @Sergey and @Eleni. I now know everything i need to know, and my VPS is running great!
Reason: