MT5 AutoTrading Toggle

Hi - what impact does toggling (start/stop) AutoTrading (on your local MT5) have on the EAs running on the VPS?  Thanks.

Tony Burke:
Hi - what impact does toggling (start/stop) AutoTrading (on your local MT5) have on the EAs running on the VPS?  Thanks.

If you have the EA loaded on your local chart/terminal and you click the Auto Trading button, you will not affect trading on your MQL5 VPS, but you will make your EA trade for 2nd time locally.

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you have the EA loaded on your local chart/terminal and you click the Auto Trading button, you will not affect trading on your MQL5 VPS, but you will make your EA trade for 2nd time locally.

Thanks for your reply.  That's what I thought but I couldn't find anything/any documentation that said this.  I wanted to be sure that Auto Trading was enabled on the VPS and the Auto Trading button on the local copy of MT did not effect the VPS instance.

Tony Burke:

Thanks for your reply.  That's what I thought but I couldn't find anything/any documentation that said this.  I wanted to be sure that Auto Trading was enabled on the VPS and the Auto Trading button on the local copy of MT did not effect the VPS instance.

Autotrading is always ON in MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 (because this VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

----------------

To make in shorter: post #6

Quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/337526

MQL5 VPS
MQL5 VPS
  • www.mql5.com
VPS issue - After syncing local MT4 terminal with VPS MT4 terminal: On my PC/Laptop the MT4 terminal change the status of the EA that was running...
Reason: