Converting string to a method - page 2

ciprian87:

Sorry for my bad skills on programming but I may need a little more help if you can and time will allow you.

Lets say I have this code in OnInit

What can I do to make result actually displaying the value that iMA... will give (if called not as a string).

Can I make something on the web response perspective to have the desired value.

I don't want to have on mq4 code the call to iMA as I'd like to hide that part (that's the reason I want to call this method from an API).

Regards,

Ciprian

You only have to transfer the variables themselves so you put the functions in your code with empty values and then you simply pull the values by making a webrequest or some other form of communication.

Lorentzos Roussos:

Well yeah , but then again if "they" see his code , then "they" can also set up a "net" to record which parts of it is used . So its kind of a unique request to begin with . 
He'll be better off with a signal i suppose 

Of course you can just inject fake calls to random functions at random intervals to create so much noise that it becomes impossible to decipher what is actually being used or what is going on.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
  • www.mql5.com
//| Expert initialization function                                   | //| Expert deinitialization function                                 | //| Expert tick function                                             | //| test1                                                            |...

People should focus on their trading strategy before thinking to security. It's useless to waste time on "security" when there is nothing to secure.

Marco vd Heijden:

Of course you can just inject fake calls to random functions at random intervals to create so much noise that it becomes impossible to decipher what is actually being used or what is going on.

Yes i see your point , if "they" dont consider noise is used "they" will not understand it . But then again the values have to be calculated and utilized on the same EA , you know ? So if the evil "they" can see where it SendsOrders hmmm they can make some deductions .

Alain Verleyen:
People should focus on their trading strategy before thinking to security. It's useless to waste time on "security" when there is nothing to secure.

Yeah its an interesting discussion though . 

Marco's Method May work if there is some sort of a 2 factor validation and the values are sent-in pre-calculated instead of in "iMA(...)" form.

Depends on the OP's thoughts and what the actual users "wiggle" room is in terms of the parameters(ization  - does that word exist?)

You'll need a custom daemon on your server ... 

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/503

Communicating With MetaTrader 5 Using Named Pipes Without Using DLLs
Communicating With MetaTrader 5 Using Named Pipes Without Using DLLs
  • www.mql5.com
Many developers face the same problem - how to get to the trading terminal sandbox without using unsafe DLLs. One of the easiest and safest method is to use standard Named Pipes that work as normal file operations. They allow you to organize interprocessor client-server communication between programs. Although there is an already published...

I don't think you can waste time on security.

Security by itself is a decent topic because any extra layer of security you add to a system can make it harder to crack.

Whether the thing that is being protected has any value or not is irrelevant, it's the technology of protection that has the real value in this.

For example if you look at Bitcoin we only protect a number that represents a private key.

The private key can be converted into public key's and an address.

This address can hold a very large balance, or it may be empty or not yet used on the blockchain.

But the security is what makes the entire system tick.

Many people always tell me "yeah but Bitcoin isn't backed by anything".... 

And then i tell them that is not true because it is backed by cryptography. 

I think this is an interesting topic because it seems logic to have a standard toolbox with all functions inside but with an (external) driving program that tells the toolbox what tool to use with what settings at what time and etc. 

If that was ever to be decompiled they would only be left with an empty shell because they will miss the important parameters to make the correct calculations with the correct tool at the correct time.

Lorentzos Roussos:

Yeah its an interesting discussion though . 

Marco's Method May work if there is some sort of a 2 factor validation and the values are sent-in pre-calculated instead of in "iMA(...)" form.

Depends on the OP's thoughts and what the actual users "wiggle" room is in terms of the parameters(ization  - does that word exist?)

An ex4/ex5 is already secured, more than any external communication you could do with a web server or whatever.

You should not encourage people paranoia ;-)

Marco vd Heijden:

If that was ever to be decompiled they would only be left with an empty shell because they will miss the important parameters to make the correct calculations with the correct tool at the correct time.

Yes , all they would have to do is get an active license with our OP and start recording using the open shell .
If a noised up sequence in the ea leads to a trade ,wont that noised up sequence repeated with the same exact noise lead to a trade again since the noisy part is not affecting the trading decisions ? 

Alain Verleyen:

An ex4/ex5 is already secured, more than any external communication you could do with a web server or whatever.

You should not encourage people paranoia ;-)

Yes i agree as well but im affiliated with a Whiskey Brand and paranoia leads to sales so... :D :D 
-jk aside , i suggested uploading to this market on the other - extremely similar thread of the OP - 

*edit : also noticed i start every response with yes 

Reason: