EA Automatic Validation for Market

Hello,

I am trying to validate an EA but received message from automatic validation, but it did not mention what are the errors.

Anyone could help me how to pass for the automatic validation?

I had developed an EA just for Brazilian Market but here we do not have many EAs published and someone to help me.

Best Regards,

Ivan

test on EURUSD,H1 (netting) log files size exceeded 2079 MB, test terminated

If you use a lot of Alert calls or Prints you can wrap those in a if(debug){.... } statement to reduce the amount of logging info.

On the other hand it could also be the logging of errors due to some failed functions going into an endless loop.

So you would have to find out first why the log files grow so big.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
  • www.mql5.com
//| Expert initialization function                                   | //| Expert deinitialization function                                 | //| Expert tick function                                             | //| test1                                                            |...

Marco vd Heijden:

If you use a lot of Alert calls or Prints you can wrap those in a if(debug){.... } statement to reduce the amount of logging info.

On the other hand it could also be the logging of errors due to some failed functions going into an endless loop.

So you would have to find out first why the log files grow so big.

I run locally to check the log files but the problem is the volume of transactions.

In the log I have a lot of messages of orders Buy or Sell, and Order Cancelled.

See file attached that is for 20 days  of test.

In Brazil we work as Netting mode and we could use a lot of orders as Average Price for the same operation.

Files:
20191122.log  1127 kb

Ok so in that case you can maybe just change the settings.

Change the parameters and set it so large that only few trades are made and it will generate a smaller log.

Hi Marco,

The question is that this transactions are not errors and they go to log as result of the trades.

The important thing is not the size of the log but the number of wright transactions for the EA user.

Why MT5 restrict the size of the log for automatic validation?

Another question is that I had developed using some level of indicators that will work just for Brazil WDO pair and to validate the MT5 use standard Forex pairs that will have unkown results.

Maybe I will need to rewrite the EA to input new orders one by one if needed, but this way I could loose someones.

Thanks.

Well even if they are placement and removal of orders you can (temporarily) lower them just to pass the validation.

At this point i am not sure if it's orders, or errors.

Most successful ea's are going to be run on VPS systems which are usually virtual and opening up 2 Gigabyte+ log files can result in serious performance issues.

It could cause a lag or even freeze the system temporarily and cause it to fail.

A file of 2 Gigabyte is a big file, and that is generated in 20 days, if that is run longer it will also grow steadily and will not take long before the virtual partition becomes full and the system crashes.

I am not saying that you have to change the system, but just limit these log entries to pass the validation.

Reason: