How to get "error" information from the journal?

Hi guys i`m just wondering if there is any way to get information from the journal tab.I have like 5 EA's on back/forward test, the forward test is slow and ok, but if i`m doing a long backtest with 10.000 trades then i noticed that the journal tab doesn't keep it all on record it will delete the oldest ones after a certain number of trades.My problem is that i have to know if there were any errors in the backtest,which is very hard to manually find in 10.000 long entries, so the question is, is there any way to extract information from the journal to find possible errors in the log or to get in any way a confirmation if there was any or no error during the backtest?

The journal may not have all information, but the log files aren't deleted are they?

If you know that you will have a lot of entries in the log file to sort through, it may be an idea to put something like "xyz" in the print() and then use Edit/Find to locate the print statements

GumRai:
If you know that you will have a lot of entries in the log file to sort through, it may be an idea to put something like "xyz" in the print() and then use Edit/Find to locate the print statements
Thats the stuff that i`m trying to avoid, i dont want manual search, since i have like 9999999999 entries in the journal + at the end of the backtest not the entire log is shown only like 1/10th of it.The solution would be some testing or something which could search the journal if any error happened and print that.

GumRai:
The journal may not have all information, but the log files aren't deleted are they?
No idea, but i`m interested only in the errors which it does show.

Can EAs in backtest write to file? That seems the easiest way to keep track of errors

alladir:
Can EAs in backtest write to file? That seems the easiest way to keep track of errors
I guess so.But i need the method how, please, since i dont know?

Look up the help for

FileOpen

FileWrite

and FileClose

the easiest way to understand is google it or check someone else's code.

You'll need to use .csv files.

Proximus:
Hi guys i`m just wondering if there is any way to get information from the journal tab.I have like 5 EA's on back/forward test, the forward test is slow and ok, but if i`m doing a long backtest with 10.000 trades then i noticed that the journal tab doesn't keep it all on record it will delete the oldest ones after a certain number of trades.My problem is that i have to know if there were any errors in the backtest,which is very hard to manually find in 10.000 long entries, so the question is, is there any way to extract information from the journal to find possible errors in the log or to get in any way a confirmation if there was any or no error during the backtest?
It's very simple to find errors if you Print() them correctly to the log. Get a decent text editor that can open big files, the one I use will open GB log files or even your choice of part of the file. Then you can simply search for the text you use to report the error, it will take you 2 minutes max.

RaptorUK:
It's very simple to find errors if you Print() them correctly to the log. Get a decent text editor that can open big files, the one I use will open GB log files or even your choice of part of the file. Then you can simply search for the text you use to report the error, it will take you 2 minutes max.

Ok but how to print it to the log?

Proximus:

I already gave an example a few posts back, which you dismissed.

Make sure that the print() when there is an error includes a string that is easily identifiable.

Then when you open the log file, use edit/find to locate that string, so at the same time finds the error report.

Proximus:

Print()
Reason: