Digits and _Digits. Differences?

Please explain to me, while coding, if and when i would use "Digits"?

and if and why I may use _Digits instead?

Perhaps you should read the manual. Digits() is a function that returns _Digits predefined variable. Use which ever you like, the latter is trivially faster.

thanks for your reponse william, but i was already aware of the difference between the function and predefined variable. Maybe I wasnt as clear in my wording of my question.

I know that the function Digits() is "trivially" slower, however, I noticd while coding, that "Digits" and "_Digits" are both colour Magenta...

Are both of these "non functions", predefined variables? is there a difference between using "Digits" or "_Digits"?

Revo Trades: Are both of these "non functions", predefined variables? is there a difference between using "Digits" or "_Digits"?

In MT5, there is no Digits. There is only the function Digits() and the variable _Digits. MQL5 Reference → Predefined Variables

Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

In MT4 there are both since Build 600 and Higher. 2014.02.03

If you read the manual, you should know that there is no difference. MQL4 Reference → Predefined Variables

if i realised that those were not in mt5, then i would have put this q in the mt4 section.

i appreciate the link for predefined variables, however, your attitude stinks. always with the attitude in your responses. you can take your attitude and jam it.

And since when did we believe what we read in the mt4 manual anyway? many times in past you have described at length many codes that didnt do as the manual says they do.

Please refine your netettiquette or have your responses moderated beforre posting, PLEASE.

1. You know whether you are using MT5 or MT4. You mislead everyone.
  2. Your wasting everyone's time "stinks." You could have RTFM and answered your own question. Added to my do not help list. You "jam it."

good. i dont want to be berated by you or anyone answering my questions after i had done previous research, and then to be berated for doing it.

Revo Trades :

Please explain to me, while coding, if and when i would use "Digits"?

and if and why I may use _Digits instead?

There is no difference in speed. The compiler inside * .ex5 code leads both types to one call.

Vladimir Karputov:

There is no difference in speed. The compiler inside * .ex5 code leads both types to one call.

Thank you Vladimir

Reason: