How long will mt4 be totally obsolete?

• 10% (4)
  • 3% (1)
  • 10% (4)
  • 18% (7)
  • 59% (23)
Total voters: 39

Due to the fact that the mt4 programming language mql4 is slowly coming to mt5 language mql5. 
and some brokers are slowly reducing promos that are on MT4, and the fact thaton metatrader.com there is only MT5 download as opposed to 2017 when there were both. 
slowly and mql4.com bring you to mql5.com 
slowly MT4 will be the past

Jefferson Metha:
Due to the fact that the mt4 programming language mql4 is slowly coming to mt5 language mql5. 
and some brokers are slowly reducing promos that are on MT4, and the fact thaton metatrader.com there is only MT5 download as opposed to 2017 when there were both. 
slowly and mql4.com bring you to mql5.com 
slowly MT4 will be the past

MQL4 made a big step, back in 2014 (I think), where a lot of 5 was introduced. It is not slowly merging as 4 is only getting important updates nowadays.

Metaquotes want to force everyone to 5 (hence tricking people to download 5 when they are expecting 4).

Despite their efforts 4's popularity persists.

Keith Watford:

It is not slowly merging as 4 is only getting important updates nowadays.

Wouldn't you agree the updates are making 4 become 5. 

I am waiting for the update that will make it possible for MT4 users to be able to login on MT5. 
However some MT5 functions like the Fibonacci tools are inferior to MT4 Fibonacci tools. (oh maybe I just cant set the MT5 tools yet).

Once upon a Time No1 thought there will be an Android 5 cause 4 was just crazy. 

watch the Space Metatrader 6 coming soon !!!

Definitely mt5 is better then mt4, as a user I realized it. But many brokers does not allow some types of account in mt5, but mt4 is common to use. My question that, why some brokers does not allow mt5?Thanks,

Jefferson Metha:

Wouldn't you agree the updates are making 4 become 5. 

No, as there are no recent updates that indicate that this will happen.

Mahmudul Hasan Kamal:
Definitely mt5 is better then mt4, as a user I realized it. But many brokers does not allow some types of account in mt5, but mt4 is common to use. My question that, why some brokers does not allow mt5?Thanks,

This topic is not about whether you think one is better than the other.

Many 4 users think that 4 is better, that is why there are so many that stick with 4.

A few Discussions on the differences between MT4 and MT5:

https://www.forextime.com/media-corner/infographic/mt4-vs-mt5

https://www.myfx book.com/community/general/incredible-resilience-mt4-vs-mt5/1569829,1

Disclosure: I am satisfied with using MetaTrader4 since starting forex trading in 2008, and have never felt MetaTrader5 had any major advantage to compel me to switch. My preference is for persistent MT4 usage indefinitely.

Simple answer to your question it is after one generation, give it 40 years from now.

The main difference is required machines power and strength and any new generation software's required more compatibility with OS and power.

Mostly traders are addict with MT4 the reason is they are more familiar with it and they got more practice on it , Why traders don't takes much interest with 5th generation the reason is  their trade and trading style same either on MT4 or MT5

Another reason is  developers did much work on MT4 instead of MT5  , How much you update any software,   trade, quotes, bid spread all will remain same 

"The MetaTrader 4 trading platform licenses are no longer available for purchase. We focus our efforts on the development of MetaTrader 5, and further conceptual updates will only be released for this multi-asset platform"

(https://www.metatrader4.com/en/brokers).

MetaTrader 4 for brokers
MetaTrader 4 for brokers
  • www.metatrader4.com
Setting up a brokerage business is easier than it seems. A powerful and time proved trading platform is half the battle, and MetaTrader 4 is exactly the platform you need. Typical tasks of any broker, such as account management, processing of trades and transmitting quotes, are executed in MetaTrader 4 with high efficiency. In addition, the...
Reason: