MT4 vs. MT5?

I have some MT4 indicators but they don't work on MT5. What are the differences between MT4 and MT5, and are they important enough for me to switch to MT5? Is MT4 still being supported and a lot of traders still using MT4?

Please advise. Thanks!

kldmql:

I have some MT4 indicators but they don't work on MT5. What are the differences between MT4 and MT5, and are they important enough for me to switch to MT5? Is MT4 still being supported and a lot of traders still using MT4?

Please advise. Thanks!

MT4 has higher demand and user base as you already know lot of traders are using it, while MT5 is latest in technology. Ask yourself you believe in latest technology and features or you are happy with limitation of MT4 or whatever your codes in MT4, if that is working fine then there is no need to switch to MT5, choose the terminal as per your need.  If you are making money from MT4 trading, then MT5 is not important to you at all, Just like people who may be using MT4 may be still happy with Windows XP, why to switch if their computer is turning on and they can open the PDF, thats all they wish to do, but contrary to that some advanced user who always believe in latest feature and updates, will switch to Windows 11.

MT4 vs MT5 

Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - The pros and cons of MT4 versus MT5
Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - The pros and cons of MT4 versus MT5
  • www.mql5.com
Well, due to the conversation of this thread, i have considered it opportune to open a new one to expose the pros and cons of mt4 versus mt5, and why i consider mt5 to be better. I do not think i'm a closed-minded person. It compiles on both and runs on both
Reason: