EAs Bought and Downloaded from Market won't attach to MT4 charts

Hi All,

I can no longer attach any of the EAs that I previously bought and downloaded from the Market.

The following error message is logged in the journal:

2019.10.10 12:22:22.725 cannot load 'C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\AFC38D16740BE8479BE3D24D29F25DC5\MQL4\Experts\Market\XXX_EA.ex4'.

I'm successfully logged onto MQL5.community from MT4 as I can download new EAs from the Market and successfully attach them to charts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the issue is obviously seriously impacting my automated trading. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Paul

Paul:

Hi All,

I can no longer attach any of the EAs that I previously bought and downloaded from the Market.

The following error message is logged in the journal:

2019.10.10 12:22:22.725 cannot load 'C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\AFC38D16740BE8479BE3D24D29F25DC5\MQL4\Experts\Market\XXX_EA.ex4'.

I'm successfully logged onto MQL5.community from MT4 as I can download new EAs from the Market and successfully attach them to charts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as the issue is obviously seriously impacting my automated trading. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Paul

BTW, this may be linked with a recent Windows 10 update... as timing was around the same time that MT4 broke. Could this be the cause, and if so, how to fix it?

It may be the activation finished ...
You can go to your profile to see the activations.

It is from my profile (you should have yours):

and for for information (just in case some users do not know):

1. how can i down load an expert advisor for demo testing from the market
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/586

2. how can i down load an expert advisor for demo testing from the market
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/586

3. Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931 

4. How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market/market_buy

How to Test a Trading Robot Before Buying
How to Test a Trading Robot Before Buying
  • www.mql5.com
Buying a trading robot on MQL5 Market has a distinct benefit over all other similar options - an automated system offered can be thoroughly tested directly in the MetaTrader 5 terminal. Before buying, an Expert Advisor can and should be carefully run in all unfavorable modes in the built-in Strategy Tester to get a complete grasp of the system...

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your informative reply!

I have checked and confirmed that I still have available activations for all the EAs.

Since posting my message, I deleted and re-downloaded the EAs from the Market. Once I do this, they all work OK!

The issue with doing this is that an additional activation was used up (which I'm not happy about!) even though I had already previously installed these EAs on this computer!

How do I recover the additional activation, so that I can install the EAs on other computers / VPS?

Regards,

Paul

UPDATE!

Further to the information above, I have now restarted my MT4 client and have the same issue yet again (even with the freshly downloaded EAs)! The logs show the following error (and the EAs are then permanently removed from the associated charts)!

HELP!!! :(

Paul:

How do I recover the additional activation, so that I can install the EAs on other computers / VPS?

Further to the information above, I have now restarted my MT4 client and have the same issue yet again (even with the freshly downloaded EAs)! The logs show the following error (and the EAs are then permanently removed from the associated charts)!

I do not know ... it seems - your Windows were updated, and as far as I know - when the Windows 10 is updated so one activation may be lost.

As to "Can not load ..." error ... I think that it may be Community tab input was reset, or you are using old build of Metatrader ..

If you really bought it and have enough activations so you should be able to load it to the chart ..

I found one thread where the user had some strange issue ... it is not same issue/error with you but he was able to fix it on some way - read the thread started with the post #6

The other suggestion which I found (this is very similar to your issue/error) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Market ea won't load anymore

marsupilami, 2018.03.23 17:01

With help of Service Desk here is the solution: delete product from Navigator window, restart the terminal and try to install purchase from Terminal - Market - Purchased tab

Hi Servey,

Thanks for the additional information.

Yes, just for other user's reference, the issue appears to be related to Windows being updated. For some reason, the MT4 / MQL5 see the OS as being new, therefore the EAs cannot load.

I can easily delete, re-download and attach the EAs, but then each time I do this, I use one more activation!!! Also, the issue with this is that all my customised settings are lost as soon as the EA is removed from the chart (any idea how this can be recovered, as I hadn't taken a .set file backup of the latest settings)?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Sergey,

Just a quick update. This is issue is definitely related to recent Windows 10 updates on my computer. I've now had to reinstall my EAs multiple times so have exhausted most of my activations (even though in reality I've only ever installed the EAs on TWO computers)!

MQL5 Support are basically ignoring me... they said I had been credited activations and closed the ticket!!! I might have been credited activations earlier this year (how to check?), when the major Windows 10 update was rolled out, but that most certainly isn't the case with the most recent issue where I had to reinstall the EAs multiple times (as they kept refusing to attach to charts) and an activation was used EACH time I reinstalled the EAs!

How and who do I escalate this matter to, so I can get a satisfactory and timely resolution to this ongoing issue (and more importantly, recover my lost activations)?

Regards,

Paul

Paul:

Hi Sergey,

Just a quick update. This is issue is definitely related to recent Windows 10 updates on my computer. I've now had to reinstall my EAs multiple times so have exhausted most of my activations (even though in reality I've only ever installed the EAs on TWO computers)!

MQL5 Support are basically ignoring me... they said I had been credited activations and closed the ticket!!! I might have been credited activations earlier this year (how to check?), when the major Windows 10 update was rolled out, but that most certainly isn't the case with the most recent issue where I had to reinstall the EAs multiple times (as they kept refusing to attach to charts) and an activation was used EACH time I reinstalled the EAs!

How and who do I escalate this matter to, so I can get a satisfactory and timely resolution to this ongoing issue (and more importantly, recover my lost activations)?

Regards,

Paul

As I remember - they told (several month ago) that they were adding the activations for everybody ... I have no idea about what it means ... but seems - they were added it for every products (just in case it is reflected on the Windows update for example).
I do not know the recent procedure concerning it now.

Paul #:

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your informative reply!

I have checked and confirmed that I still have available activations for all the EAs.

Since posting my message, I deleted and re-downloaded the EAs from the Market. Once I do this, they all work OK!

The issue with doing this is that an additional activation was used up (which I'm not happy about!) even though I had already previously installed these EAs on this computer!

Regards,

Paul

UPDATE!

HELP!!! :(

Ok that's nice thank you 
Reason: