Advice about recovering MT4 EA custom configuration settings (without saved .set file)

Hi all,

Due to the Windows 10 update causing my Market EAs to become deactivated and removed from my charts (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/326759), I have lost all my custom EA configuration settings.

I have learnt my lesson and will in the future save all my customised EA configurations settings to a .set file, but that doesn't help me at this point in time!

Obviously the customized EA configurations are stored with the associated chart configuration settings in the .chr file. What I would like advice on is how to recover my customized EA settings rather than having to recreate them from scratch based on my memory.

Is it simply a case of restoring my .chr files from a recent backup (prior to the EAs being removed from the chart due to the activation issue), after ensuring all my EAs have been reactivated and redownloaded from the Market?

All advice on this issue much appreciated (as I have a large number of orders that are currently unmanaged due to the EAs having been forcefully removed from the charts because of the activation issue).

Regards,

Paul

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1909) released
Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1909) released
  • www.mql5.com
Hi all, FYI, Microsoft has released Windows 10 Version 1909...

No one in the forum have any prior experience or advice to offer with regards recovering past charts configurations (with customized EA settings)?
Reason: