email notification from mt4 indicators

Hi all,

When an indicator such as the "Awesome Oscillator" has an email notification in the input section how do I set up my Mt4 account and my email so the indicator will send me an email  to my mobile when  there is a signal line cross for instance. I don't want the ordinary alert for bids, time etc just an email alert when any indicator uses one in it's properties. Do I have to code anything extra into the indicator. Tried email in options with " smtp.gmail.com" and my own gmail but fails to login? My Broker states that Meta quotes developed all these alert notifications and to speak to them, thought I would try here first. Appreciate any help.

Cheers 

AUDTrader: Do I have to code anything extra into the indicator. Tried email in options with " smtp.gmail.com" and my own gmail but fails to login? 

Of course  you do, it's not going to send them automatically.

Mobile Call Notifications - Indices - Trading Systems - MQL5 programming forum
emails when my account takes a trade - Trading Accounts - General - MQL5 programming forum
Gmail and gmx must be configured (on their site,) to allow external application.
          Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically - Forex Trading Platform - Articles, Library comments - MQL5 programming forum

Thank you William,

Please forgive my ignorance in this matter. I have been to Gmail settings, in particular the "Forwarding & POP/IMAP" section and added what I thought was my mobile phone server and my mobile number but couldn't get a verification code, so I am working on that. As far as coding the indicator itself, I will investigate/research that area as I am weak in that knowledge but why would the property value " alerts Email" be already setup in the properties input box unless you could use it ie = true or false ? The property value of " alerts messages"and "alerts sounds" work without any intervention of coding on my part. I figured it had to be all setup in the Tools >options > email section on the Mt4 chart and on site on my Gmail account to get any indicator, with this input property value, to operate successfully each time. Thank you again for replying to my request for assistance.

Cheers G.  

Hi all,

Just an update on email notification from a forex indicator on a Mt4 platform. In the Tools>options>email settings it has to be smtp.gmail.com:465 for a gmail account. secondly you have to go to your own Google account to Security> Access for less secure Apps has to be turned on. Warning you are now less secure but if you want this notification to work then I am finding this is my only option. Now this was not explained in you tube video on this subject, (    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gKZt4Lt58A    ) I had to search the comment replies to find this information. Now to get my Gmail account to forward the email as a txt to my mobile is next, I am finding the service provider email address requirement an issue. Will further update when I find the solution.

Cheers G.

Reason: