Discussion of article "Developing a cross-platform grider EA (part III): Correction-based grid with martingale"

To add comments, please log in or register
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  

New article Developing a cross-platform grider EA (part III): Correction-based grid with martingale has been published:

In this article, we will make an attempt to develop the best possible grid-based EA. As usual, this will be a cross-platform EA capable of working both with MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. The first EA was good enough, except that it could not make a profit over a long period of time. The second EA could work at intervals of more than several years. Unfortunately, it was unable to yield more than 50% of profit per year with a maximum drawdown of less than 50%.

The "Recovery factor" column is of most interest for us. The column value shows the ratio of a profit obtained by the EA to the maximum drawdown, i.e. recovery factor = profit/maximum drawdown. Thus, the greater the value, the more profitable the EA becomes on a tested instrument. The test period should also be considered for the correct comparison.

The test period for Forex comprises 9 years, while for a stock market it is 6 years. Thus, for example, the recovery factor of 9 for Forex is equal to 100% of profit per year, while for stock market instruments, it is equal to 150% of profit per year.

The balance graphs are provided below.

USDCAD:

Entry by the previous bar, USDCAD

NZDUSD:

Entry by the previous bar, NZDUSD

Author: Roman Klymenko

David Weidner
David Weidner  

Thank you for the excellent work!  It is very much appreciated.

--Dave

Seyedmajid Masharian
Seyedmajid Masharian  
i have tested your EA and saw that is a too risky martingale.
Ben Shapiro
Ben Shapiro  

Every time I try to test this on historical data I get:

2019.08.17 20:38:02.707 2018.11.18 22:23:30   failed market sell 0.01 XXX [Unsupported filling mode]

It happens for any symbol I choose (FX or Stocks). No trading is performed. What could be the problem?

Jian Chen
Jian Chen  
Ben Shapiro:

Every time I try to test this on historical data I get:

2019.08.17 20:38:02.707 2018.11.18 22:23:30   failed market sell 0.01 XXX [Unsupported filling mode]

It happens for any symbol I choose (FX or Stocks). No trading is performed. What could be the problem?

You may have a try to modify the "Order filling mode" input parameter. Let it meet the spec of the symbol of your broker.

How to check the filling mode of the symbol:

Go to "Market Watch" -> Select symbol and right click it ->Click the "Specification..." menu item -> Check the "Filling" description.

To add comments, please log in or register