signal synchronisation issue - page 2

Eleni Anna Branou:

You don't put lot size in your signal settings, but the participation percentage with max 95%.

The lot size is calculated automatically based on your balance, currency and leverage.

With the above balances and same leverage, your copying ratio will be about 160%, so when the signal opens 0.03 lots, you will open 0.04 (and not 0.05).

Ok what IS the method to calcul lot size if my signal provider lot size IS 1.5 with 125k balance and if i have 2k balance with 90% participation percentage 

Ibrahim Genel:
Ok what IS the method to calcul lot size if my signal provider lot size IS 1.5 with 125k balance and if i have 2k balance with 90% participation percentage 

You can see example calculations in this article.
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618

General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals is a service allowing traders to copy trading operations of a Signals Provider. Some traders do not have enough time for active trading, others do not possess enough self-confidence or knowledge to work in the market. Trading signals make traders' money work rather than merely collecting dust on the...

Ibrahim Genel:

The lot size is based on your copying ratio, that is calculated automatically by MQL5 signal copying system.

You can find this copying ratio in your MT4/5 or MQL5 VPS journal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The lot size is based on your copying ratio, that is calculated automatically by MQL5 signal copying system.

You can find this copying ratio in your MT4/5 or MQL5 VPS journal.

Can i copy a paid signal on a demo account ?

Ibrahim Genel:
Can i copy a paid signal on a demo account ?

Yes, but you will need to pay on the same way as on real account.

HI Guys

I there a way to just copy the signal without having it Synchronize the whole time, I just want to copy the trades with SL an TP thats it. 

I have had a very bad experience where I lose over $1600 where the signal opened and closed trades one after the other until my account was wiped, this was all due to the sync of the signal running through the VPS

ANY COMMENTS?

MALCOLM VENTER:

HI Guys

I there a way to just copy the signal without having it Synchronize the whole time, I just want to copy the trades with SL an TP thats it. 

I have had a very bad experience where I lose over $1600 where the signal opened and closed trades one after the other until my account was wiped, this was all due to the sync of the signal running through the VPS

ANY COMMENTS?

You lost your money, exactly because you've copied the TP and SL levels.

When your copied trades were hitting TP or SL (mainly SL) and these haven't closed in the signal provider's side, then were re-opened upon synchronization and this circle never stopped until these trades were finally closed by the signal.

If you copy the signal's trades, without TP and SL levels, you will only copy them once and they will be closed when the signal closes them or they hit TP/SL in its side.

HI

I have done it without the copy TP and SL and still the same happens, it runs very well for a few days then it does the same just opens and closes until my account is wiped.

Can I just tick the boxes Agree to the terms and Enable real time subscription and leave the rest blank, will this solve my problem?

MALCOLM VENTER:
Can I just tick the boxes Agree to the terms and Enable real time subscription and leave the rest blank, will this solve my problem?

If you use MQL5 VPS and you have synchronized your signal settings with the virtual server, then you don't have to tick again the: Enable realtime signal subscription, on your local computer terminal, because you will be copying the signal trades twice!

Also don't close any signal copied positions manually, because every time you close a position, the signal copying system, re-opens it upon synchronization.

When you follow a signal, you don't interfere with it, otherwise don't follow it at all.

Reason: