The difference between Bloomberg terminals and MetaTrader terminals? - page 4

Ngoc Nguyen:
Thanks for all the info. However, as I am familiar with Bloomberg terminal, I already knew most of the facts.
The answer I am still pursuing is whether MetaTrader terminal has any representational limitations?
More specific, limitations regarding data processing and visualization.

Can Bloombers do same?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Fractals, fractal structures, their graphic images + Canvas

Nikolai Semko , 2019.03.07 21:17

Something on the fractal does not look like. This is a kaleidoscope of some kind.

Here are examples of fractals:

Ngoc Nguyen:
Thanks for all the info. However, as I am familiar with Bloomberg terminal, I already knew most of the facts.
The answer I am still pursuing is whether MetaTrader terminal has any representational limitations?

Besides, I can not use my own data in Bloomberg terminal - they will force me to use their data (in Metatrader - you can use any data incl your own data) - 

The Bloomberg Terminal is a computer software system provided by the financial data vendor Bloomberg L.P. 

Besides, Bloomberg terminal will ask for money from me if I will want to use it (Metatrader is free for the clients) - 

Bloomberg is now charging $24,000 a year for a single terminal subscription.

Besides, Bloomberg terminal was written in C, C++  and JavaScript - 

It was originally written in Fortran and C. It has been migrating to C++ and JavaScript

Besides, I can use many brokers using Metatrader, but there is the limitation in case of Bloomberg:

Meet Bloomberg TradeBook — your one-stop shop for live electronic ..

You can create the signal and you are able to have more than 2,000 subscribers incl large hedge funds using Metatrader. But in Bloomberg - 50 or around 50 only:

A large hedge fund or other financial institution can easily have 50 traders and analysts all with subscriptions ..

Metatrader 5 is connected with many stock brokers and stock exchanges. Seems - the Bloomberg terminal is connected too ... but with no any choice to change the broker or to use the other data provider - 

Like most professional market data providers, Bloomberg passes through all exchange fees to their clients. This means if you want real-time data from the NYSE, CME, OPRA, or any other exchange, you’ll be billed the full cost in addition to the $1,900 per month.

About data processing and speed ... Metatrader can make high frequency trading with any broker selected by you, and with any data selected/created by you (inc Bloomberg data).

and more and more.

--------------------

So, why do you use Bloomberg terminal which is written on C and Java programming languages, and costs $24,000 a year for you, and having less dataprocessing, a lot of limitations incl visualization limitations, and lack of freedom and lack/limitation in functionality?

Ngoc Nguyen:
Summarized as points, please.

I just found this text in your profile

Now, from observing their trades on Bloomberg terminals, I have moved to opening my own positions with MetaTrader terminal. 

So, if you are familiar with Bloomberg terminal so you can spend some time to read the threads/articles on this mql5 portal, and it will be much better support than asking the members for the personal assistance on your thread.

Because Metatrader is used by many people, and one person less or one person more - is not a problem at all.
I mean: Metatrader will not be "killed" in case you will not use Metatrader ...
So, you should read the articles, read the threads, practise by trading to get some knowledge about. 

Nothing will be crashed in the World if you will not use Metatrader.
And no one wins in the World (except you) if you will start to use Metatrader.
So, you need it (we do not need it).

In this case - help yourself (and you do not need any thread to be created for that).

And if you really want to start with Metatrader so there is one thread - 

----------------

Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

Where Do I start from?
Where Do I start from?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi fam! Am a total newbie in the forex niche... Just signed up here on this platform... Please where do i start from? I need help...

Sergey Golubev:

No problem with visualization and data processing for Metatrader.
For example - 

This video was created by MetaQuotes. The script is attached to the original post here.

The articles:

Wonderful ! I didn't imaging OpenCL powerful that much. 

Ngoc Nguyen:

As I said above, contrary to Bloomberg, MT isn't a ready-to-wear solutions for traders, it comes with the minimal needed visually and a rich language that allows even bling bling ! 

So finally, it really depends of the end-user, if you need someone to hold your hand for trading, then stay with Bloomberg, they provides for sure excellent advice.

If you know what you are doing, or feel like in jail with standard indicators (those offered in all platform) and wish to make your own way thru market, then MT & MQL is an excellent choice as it's very flexible and make you able to do almost everything.

A comparative analogy would be with OS & system : 

• Easy : macOs ----> Bloomberg
  • Normal : Windows -----> MT
  • Expert : Linux -----> API

The more your level is advanced, the more you'll need skills & you'll have perspectives and possibilities but .... the less it's eye-candy. 

Screenshot from trading systems on unixlike : 

Ngoc Nguyen:
Summarized as points, please.

1) About 2,000 dollars.

Every month, of course.

Now seriously. Bloomberg is best suited for macro analysis, while Metatrader is a tool for technical analysis. Like night and day.
Reason: