when the conditions say that provided the platform is connected to the internet through the subscribing account... what does this actually mean? does it mean that I have to be logged in to MT4 and have access to the internet all the time or is it referring to my broker as the platform?
Yes, you should be connected to internet (and connected to your trading account) -
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
If there are no recommendations in the signal's description, contact the signal provider.
Thanks Sergey Golubev
I am already done with these steps. it's just that I can't go back and check my options >> Signals (to see if I ticked the right boxes).
When you say you must be connected, does it mean I have to be logged into my mt4 platform (windows) round the clock and leave my computer on 24/7??
Eleni Anna Branou thanks for the tip. I didn't find any way I could contact the signal provider though.
If you are using VPS (and if you migrated your subscription to VPS - because MQL5 VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud) so you do not need to keep Metatrader to be connected (you can close Metatrader).But if you are copying the signal without VPS on your local PC so - yes, 24/7.
That is why the people are using VPS.
Thank you for your guidance and support.
Do you know what VPS plan I need for this purpose, any recommendation?
also the entire process step by step plz
Could you please explain how I can do that step by step and what plan I should go for?
Do you have internet on your computer?If yes so - your Metatrader is connected with your trading account?If not so connect it.If yes so you can use VPS - look at the post #2 the thread.