Trading Signals

A few questions about Trading Signals:

1] Will I be able to change the SL or TP of a provider's signals on my MT4 terminal?

*I do not want to switch them off entirely as per the MT4 platform "option".

2] How do I set a 2% risk for each trade signal I receive?

3] What does it mean if a signal provider's broker cannot be found on the internet.

4] How do I make sense of the fact a +12 month provider has what look like very good results yet they have no subscribers?

5] Am I allowed to list the providers I refer to here?

Thank you.

James_Austin:

A few questions about Trading Signals:

1] Will I be able to change the SL or TP of a provider's signals on my MT4 terminal?

*I do not want to switch them off entirely as per the MT4 platform "option".

2] How do I set a 2% risk for each trade signal I receive?

3] What does it mean if a signal provider's broker cannot be found on the internet.

4] How do I make sense of the fact a +12 month provider has what look like very good results yet they have no subscribers?

5] Am I allowed to list the providers I refer to here?

Thank you.

1. No while you are synchronized with the signal.

2. You can't.

3. What do you think?

4. Check if the signal was recently connected to MQL5.com signal database. You can see that on the left hand side of the page, under the green Copy button (Started: ....). You will also understand it by the light blue line in the top growth chart.

5. No.

Eleni Anna Branou:

1. No while you are synchronized with the signal.

2. You can't.

3. What do you think?

4. Check if the signal was recently connected to MQL5.com signal database. You can see that on the left hand side of the page, under the green Copy button (Started: ....). You will also understand it by the light blue line in the top growth chart.

5. No.

1. disappointing

2. disappointing

3.it means I cannot ascertain if that broker is one I trust; plus begs the question is the broker real?

4. thanks

5. ok

My account size is bigger than the signal providers, how do I increase my lot size proportionally?

James_Austin :

My account size is bigger than the signal providers, how do I increase my lot size proportionally?

Your signal is monitored recently, so it takes time

Vladimir Gribachev:

Your signal is monitored recently, so it takes time

Sorry, I do not understand what you have written. Could you write it differently please.

James_Austin:

You will copy the trade size proportionally, you don't need to do anything about that, its done automatically (as long as you use 95% in signal copying and have the same or greater leverage than the signal provider).

Eleni Anna Branou:

You will copy the trade size proportionally, you don't need to do anything about that, its done automatically (as long as you use 95% in signal copying and have the same or greater leverage than the signal provider).

You are a super star.

My head was beginning to hurt following this trail  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/99166

Change lot size of Signal provider
Change lot size of Signal provider
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to configure the lot size increase of the trades that I have subscribed from my signal provider...

It has come to my attention that if Provider X makes +3%mth @ max 2% DD, then I cannot "aspire to" +6%mth @ max 4% DD; with the same starting capital,....I must increase it.

this seems somewhat overprotective in the above example

myfxbook allows one to apply a "multiplier"

James_Austin:

It has come to my attention that if Provider X makes +3%mth @ max 2% DD, then I cannot "aspire to" +6%mth @ max 4% DD; with the same starting capital,....I must increase it.

this seems somewhat overprotective in the above example

myfxbook allows one to apply a "multiplier"

You don't have that option here and there is a reason for it.

Each signal provider has a money and risk management plan (in an ideal world), if you increase your lot size, you will interfere with that plan and may expose your account in greater danger than you should.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You don't have that option here and there is a reason for it.

Each signal provider has a money and risk management plan (in an ideal world), if you increase your lot size, you will interfere with that plan and may expose your account in greater danger than you should.

I agree, but when the DD is so low, it is an acceptable risk in my view.

Reason: