Can't start MQL5 VPS! - page 3

Marius Guscius:

In VPS MT4 is running 1170 build (please look into screenshot).

Do you have direct link to 64bit mt4setup.exe? Because there are no download links to metatrader 4 anymore on mql5.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can't start MQL5 VPS!

Marius Guscius, 2018.12.30 20:07

So who updated the systems there? Can we get them involved in this thread now? I am not joking I need to have it working in less than three hours from now... Do you have link to unbranded mt4setup.exe (64bit)? If you have then I could try install it but I am not sure if it will even detect my broker's server without manual input...

This is Sunday ...

As to MT4 - you can use the link from the brokers' websites.
if you are on 64-bit PC now so MT4 64-bit will be installed.

Sergey Golubev:
This is Sunday ...

As to MT4 - you can use the link from the brokers' websites.
if you are on 64-bit PC now so MT4 64-bit will be installed.

yes it is sunday but in 2.5h market will open as it will be monday... Which broker to use then? Because my broker (ICMarkets) provides only 32bit setup and I suspect most of the brokers do not bother with 64bit version as 64bit windows can run 32bit apps with no problem. Maybe you can try to restart my vps from your end somehow as Kenneth suggested?

Not every broker has MT4 64 bit. I have 64 bit pc, but downloads 32 bit MT4 from 3 different popular brokers. Checked.

This problem needs other traders to share their insight on other brokers.

Marius Guscius:

yes it is sunday but in 2.5h market will open as it will be monday... Which broker to use then? Because my broker (ICMarkets) provides only 32bit setup and I suspect most of the brokers do not bother with 64bit version as 64bit windows can run 32bit apps with no problem. Maybe you can try to restart my vps from your end somehow as Kenneth suggested?

I am not sure but I think that there is one installation file for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Are you reading my replies?
I am forum moderator (public moderator) ...

I can create the ticket to the service desk, but I am not sure that they will reply within 3 hours.

But I've already told you about 32-bit ...

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure but I think that there is one installation file for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Are you reading my replies?
I am forum moderator (public moderator) ...

I can create the ticket to the service desk, but I am not sure that they will reply within 3 hours.

But I've already told you about 32-bit ...

Ok, Sergey, sorry for putting pressure on you but I am really stressful because of this issue. Could you open Service Desk issue? By the way I have contacted ICMarkets and they told me they have no interest in using 64bit MT4 as their 32bit is working on 64bit pcs without any problem. This will have to be fixed on MQL side there is no other way around this.

I have sent you a msg on an alternative solution. It is a work around. But you can't do it now if you are desperate to get it fixed immediately.

Can only do it next time when you have the time.

Marius Guscius:

Ok, Sergey, sorry for putting pressure on you but I am really stressful because of this issue. Could you open Service Desk issue? By the way I have contacted ICMarkets and they told me they have no interest in using 64bit MT4 as their 32bit is working on 64bit pcs without any problem. This will have to be fixed on MQL side there is no other way around this.

I delivered all the information I know: 64-bit Metatrader is requited for MQL5 VPS (I do not think they will "fix" for 32).

Anyway, I created the ticket in the service desk with the link to this thread.

Sergey Golubev:

I delivered all the information I know: 64-bit Metatrader is requited for MQL5 VPS (I do not think they will "fix" for 32).

Anyway, I created the ticket in the service desk with the link to this thread.

I think they will have to fix it since it was working with 32bit terminals until December 20th. Also it may be a wild guess but maybe problem is completely different like just stuck VPS or something, because I get messages into my phone (mobile MT4) about frozen VPS when I try to start this VPS

Marius Guscius:

I think they will have to fix it since it was working with 32bit terminals until December 20th. Also it may be a wild guess but maybe problem is completely different like just stuck VPS or something, because I get messages into my phone (mobile MT4) about frozen VPS when I try to start this VPS

If it stucks so it should be frozen for many people (for everybody on this VPS server) but if not so it is 64/32 bit issue
... we had the threads in past with VPS server issue, and many people participated on the threads ...
But as we two guys are talking here only so it may be 64-bit/32-bit issue related to new builds of MT4 for VPS (seems they upgraded MT4 to new builds as you stated above).

If they read my ticket now so they will check everything.
But ... today is Sunday, and tomorrow is Happy New Year day ...

Anyway, let's wait ...

------------------

You can install MT4 64-bit terminal (from any broker) just to check the connection with VPS.

And I have the link to clean MT4 but I think it is old build ... and I am not sure that it will work (I have 32-bit PC so I can not check it sorry) - 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cl6pt0np4aehpg/MT4clean.rar?dl=0 

Sergey Golubev:

If it stucks so it should be frozen for many people (for everybody on this VPS server) but if not so it is 64/32 bit issue
... we had the threads in past with VPS server issue, and many people participated on the threads ...
But as we two guys are talking here only so it may be 64-bit/32-bit issue related to new builds of MT4 for VPS (seems they upgraded MT4 to new builds as you stated above).

If they read my ticket now so they will check everything.
But ... today is Sunday, and tomorrow is Happy New Year day ...

Anyway, let's wait ...

------------------

You can install MT4 64-bit terminal (from any broker) just to check the connection with VPS.

And I have the link to clean MT4 but I think it is old build ... and I am not sure that it will work (I have 32-bit PC so I can not check it sorry) - 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cl6pt0np4aehpg/MT4clean.rar?dl=0 

Thank you, I'll try this ASAP :)

Reason: