I can't get push notifications to work

I keep having issues with push notifications. I have the option "notification from the terminal" which I assume is the correct one to send notifications from my MT5 terminal to my mobile, it just doesn't work.

When I send a test ping, it doesn't work... There was even a time when they started working randomly with my last VPS provider. I'm now back using a VPS with a different provider but the notifications are gone. Has anyone run into this issue before? I'm not using the native VPS, which I heard can be an issue and I have an Android.

Jake Freeman:I keep having issues with push notifications. I have the option "notification from the terminal" which I assume is the correct one to send notifications from my MT5 terminal to my mobile, it just doesn't work. When I send a test ping, it doesn't work... There was even a time when they started working randomly with my last VPS provider. I'm now back using a VPS with a different provider but the notifications are gone. Has anyone run into this issue before? I'm not using the native VPS, which I heard can be an issue and I have an Android.

Saying "does not work" is of little meaning and helps no one. You need to provide more concrete details if you want help resolving it.

What does the log say? Does it give an error or does it state that the test was successful?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Saying "does not work" is of little meaning and helps no one. You need to provide more concrete details if you want help resolving it.

What does the log say? Does it give an error or does it state that the test was successful?

Sorry, I thought I had included that in the intial post. A test signal says the test was successful but the notification never arrives, there isn't anything in the log about it, the terminal seems to think the test was successful. I've also looked through every setting on the mobile app and inside the settings of the phone, nothing seems to help. I have changed settings to make MT5 permanently active in power management too.

imo its not very reliable service , some time they come at peek time they don't come.

also check

Strict use restrictions are set for the SendNotification() function: no more than 2 calls per second and not more than 10 calls per minute. Monitoring the frequency of use is dynamic. The function can be disabled in case of the restriction violation.

SendNotification() function does not work in the Strategy Tester.

Operation of Programs in the Strategy Tester - MQL4 programs - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
Reason: