Is Backtest using M1 time frame (derived from tick data suite) reliable ?

Dear ALL

Is backtest using M1 time frame (derived from tick data suite) reliable ?  I mean 99.9% quality ?
Is it trustworthy ? 

Yes.

Yes it is reliable, it tells you what may have happened in the past.

That doesn't mean that it will enjoy similar results in the future.

It just may be but how reliable are live broker data compared to others?

To add to that some brokers do not even bother giving much data to see.

It is reliable if you don't scalp.

If you are looking for just some point to make profit,

then you have to have precise data for your backtest

ffoorr:

It is reliable if you don't scalp.

yes precisely the minute data is the source of all the time-frames extrapolation and fractalization methods that is differing in ticks than tick data suite but as a reliable source of data better to trust in tick data suite than a broker and then you should try to find all the live data you need for your broker to test. You can enforce environmental factors of your terminal with tick data suite that can help emulate your broker specifications but broker tick quality varies.

If you are using a Demo account then System Tester might be linked to a sample of data and not the complete database of live trading.  This will depend on the broker where you got the version of Metatrader you are using.

yoshida3599:
Dear ALL

Is backtest using M1 time frame (derived from tick data suite) reliable ?  I mean 99.9% quality ?
Is it trustworthy ? 
Could you please elaborate on what you mean here? Im just wondering if I am asking in my post here what your are asking, Thx!
Reason: