Tick Data Suite and High Quality Back Tests in Metatrader 5

Hi All, 

My broker will soon offer MT5 and I'd like to take advantage of its distributed backtesting capability.

At the moment I used Tick Data Suite with MT4 to get a high back testing quality as well as to set custom time offsets. As far as I know, Tick Data Suite is not built for MT5. 

Does anyone know if MT5 needs software like Tick Data Suite to get high back test quality and / or custom time offsets? 

Thank you!

Ruvan Muthu-Krishna:

Hi All, 

My broker will soon offer MT5 and I'd like to take advantage of its distributed backtesting capability.

At the moment I used Tick Data Suite with MT4 to get a high back testing quality as well as to set custom time offsets. As far as I know, Tick Data Suite is not built for MT5. 

Does anyone know if MT5 needs software like Tick Data Suite to get high back test quality and / or custom time offsets? 

Thank you!

Open a demo account with MQ. It has Tick data partially until 1970s

Carl Schreiber #:
Open a demo account with MQ. It has Tick data partially until 1970s

Hi Carl, 

With partial tick data, wouldn't that mean that my back test quality will suffer? 

If the back test quality does suffer when using MQ/broker data, is there a third-party software that can pull in better quality data which can still be used for distributed backtests?

Reason: