Tick Data vs 1 Min Candles (MT4)

I asked this stupid question in r/forex,no response. If you are using tick data but set your ea to only open and close trades when it normally would but you wait for the 1min candle close and then take the trade, is that the same as using the default 1min candle closes on mt4? I hope that makes sense. You are using tick data but wait for the nearest 1 min close anyways before taking the trade once the criteria is met.

I could also ask, is there any differences besides with tick data you dont take trades on the 1 min closes but rather right away on the tick when using tick data? (I use TDS tick data)

Anything helps, I don't really understand the differences between the two besides you get more accurate entries inside the 1 min tf with tick data. Thanks

blank bblank:

I asked this stupid question in r/forex,no response. If you are using tick data but set your ea to only open and close trades when it normally would but you wait for the 1min candle close and then take the trade, is that the same as using the default 1min candle closes on mt4? I hope that makes sense. You are using tick data but wait for the nearest 1 min close anyways before taking the trade once the criteria is met.

I could also ask, is there any differences besides with tick data you dont take trades on the 1 min closes but rather right away on the tick when using tick data? (I use TDS tick data)

Anything helps, I don't really understand the differences between the two besides you get more accurate entries inside the 1 min tf with tick data. Thanks

You can test it yourself with an EA with the option to work on each tick or at the open of the M1 candle. Do a short backtest with each option to confirm if there is any difference.

I hypothesize that backtesting an EA designed to work with the open of M1 candles should result with similar, if not exact, results compared to backtesting with tick data.

I suppose that people who scalp, (who want to make 20-30 point of benefice) are willing to use each tick method and  tick data to backtest, but people willing to make 100-200 point don't need it.

The différence for them will not be significative, as there is almost one up bar for one down bar.

Reason: