Download MetaTrader 5

Indicators: ZigZag Indicator with Extra Features

To add comments, please log in or register
MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  

ZigZag Indicator with Extra Features:

Taking a Closer Look at the Workings of the ZigZag Indicator.

Author: Fernando Carreiro

Danang Eko Setyobudi
Danang Eko Setyobudi  
Please sir, can u add alert when arrow show..? alert when open candle.. thx before
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
lordmen99:
Please sir, can u add alert when arrow show..? alert when open candle.. thx before

Can you please explain what you mean by "Arrow"? The indicator does not use any arrows (only circles), as it does not indicate any specific strategy.

There are several points that could be used for entry signals, trading with the trend or against it, but I did not place any emphasis on any type of strategy.

The main reason for this Indicator and the Article was for newcomers to better understand its workings and why it "repaints".

Can you describe in more detail what your request is please?

Danang Eko Setyobudi
Danang Eko Setyobudi  
yes i mean circles.. i can u add alert when circle show up?
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
lordmen99:
yes i mean circles.. i can u add alert when circle show up?

I can setup Alerts, yes, but please note that the "circles" or breakouts are constantly repainting even within he same bar as the price keeps exceeding the high/low.

I will set it up so that it only alerts at the beginning of the breakout for that bar, but you will keep getting alerts on every bar that breaks out!

Danang Eko Setyobudi
Danang Eko Setyobudi  
ok i will be waiting now..email me if finished sir..or attach here.. thx
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  
lordmen99:

All alterations will be posted here as an update to the original article and code. All these alterations will first be submitted for publishing to MetaQuotes. Only after the approval process, does it go up.
Danang Eko Setyobudi
Danang Eko Setyobudi  
FMIC:
lordmen99:

All alterations will be posted here as an update to the original article and code. All these alterations will first be submitted for publishing to MetaQuotes. Only after the approval process, does it go up.
i still not see the update my request sir.. i wanna test it now before market closed
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  

Attention! Please note that there is a bug in the initial version which is preventing it from updating on the must current data.
Please download the UPDATED VERSION.

The latest version release V1.1 has been send in and is awaiting MetaQuotes approval for subsequent publishing. It corrects a bug preventing updates on fresh tick data, as well as a new Alert feature requested by a "lordmen99". Since it is the week-end and MetaQuotes might take long to approve the new publication, I have decided to provide a temporary link to the updated version.

Please note, that once the publication has been made official, I will disable the previous link.

Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  

The new updated version is now officially up, so please disregard the previous message. The temporary link to the updated file will soon be removed too.

MQL4 Comments
MQL4 Comments  
lordmen99:

hi lordmen99, as FMIC told you before, it's ONLY AN INDICATOR, and just like EVERY OTHER INDICATOR, it is you to decide when/where to take an action.

Welcome to this world of patients

To add comments, please log in or register