Experts: EA SmartAssTrade. - page 8

3rjf4:
kyuzuryu:
Im new to using EAs so I thought I try this out first, but nothing seems to be working. When I engage the EA, a sad face shows up on the top right of the platform indicating the EA is not working properly. When I compile, i get the following lines 'stderror.mqh' 'stdlib.mqh' and 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s). I really wanna make this work cause it looks promising, but I have no clue where to look to resolve this issue. Please help and thank you!

Hi kyuzuryu,

It might be better if you download it again (SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4).
Left click on the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 on Code Base (above), and on the Windows download panel:
click the radio button Open with: MetaEditor (default), then the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 will be opened directly on MetaEditor, and compile it.

Open Folder MT4/MQL4/Experts and Rename SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 be SmartAssTrade.mq4 and ex4.
and copy 2 files (SmartAssTrade.mq4 and SmartAssTrade.ex4) to the main folder MT4/experts.

Make sure, on the MT4 Menu Tool/Expert Advisor
already check the box Allow live trading.

OR

Remove 2 line scripts: (top script)

//---
#include <stderror.mqh>
#include <stdlib.mqh>
//--- User Input

and find all of cripts like this:

{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",
GetLastError(), ", ",ErrorDescription(error));
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and change it with this:

if (error>0)
{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",GetLastError());
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and compile it again.

Maybe the problem can be solved.

Regards.

Thx a lot, i did as you said and it works now! Thx for the prompt reply

3rjf4:
kyuzuryu:
Im new to using EAs so I thought I try this out first, but nothing seems to be working. When I engage the EA, a sad face shows up on the top right of the platform indicating the EA is not working properly. When I compile, i get the following lines 'stderror.mqh' 'stdlib.mqh' and 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s). I really wanna make this work cause it looks promising, but I have no clue where to look to resolve this issue. Please help and thank you!

Hi kyuzuryu,

It might be better if you download it again (SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4).
Left click on the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 on Code Base (above), and on the Windows download panel:
click the radio button Open with: MetaEditor (default), then the file SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 will be opened directly on MetaEditor, and compile it.

Open Folder MT4/MQL4/Experts and Rename SmartAssTrade_update2.mq4 be SmartAssTrade.mq4 and ex4.
and copy 2 files (SmartAssTrade.mq4 and SmartAssTrade.ex4) to the main folder MT4/experts.

Make sure, on the MT4 Menu Tool/Expert Advisor
already check the box Allow live trading.

OR

Remove 2 line scripts: (top script)

//---
#include <stderror.mqh>
#include <stdlib.mqh>
//--- User Input

and find all of cripts like this:

{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",
GetLastError(), ", ",ErrorDescription(error));
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and change it with this:

if (error>0)
{
Print("Failed to Open New SELL ORDER ",symbol,"! Error code = ",GetLastError());
ResetLastError();
return(0);
}

and compile it again.

Maybe the problem can be solved.

Regards.

Thx a lot, i did as you said and it works now! Thx for the prompt reply

There seems to be a problem with the SmartAssTrade EA. Its always Crashing the account. I tested it with 99.9% modeling quality with every tick and the results not good seems like this ea has no stop loss so it will open a trade and if it dosent win he will not close it untill you stop out or close it your self.

You can download the result here: https://www.mediafire.com/?0je8h0ze41h3zh9

I think you should consider to implement Stop Loss and Trailing Stop. That way, this EA will be a winner ... almost a grail.

Please show me the settings you used in the EA to achieve these posted back test results. Or are you using the default settings to achieve this? And what modeling quality is these results based upon?

Thanks and take care.

There seems to be a problem with the SmartAssTrade EA. Its always Crashing the account. I tested it with 99.9% modeling quality with every tick and the results not good seems like this ea has no stop loss so it will open a trade and if it dosent win he will not close it untill you stop out or close it your self.

I think you should consider to implement Stop Loss and Trailing Stop. That way, this EA will be a winner ... almost a grail.

Please show me the settings you used in the EA to achieve these posted back test results. Or are you using the default settings to achieve this? And what modeling quality is these results based upon?

Thanks and take care.

Hi Roy,

odomike:

Thanks and take care.

I have tested your EA with backtest 99.9% from 08.03.2012 until today with standard settings of you .

Your EA has one problem. He detects not or only very bad the change of a trend. After placing an order, he does not recognize when a long trend goes in the other direction. If he has just given an order at a maximum or minimum of the course, waiting sometimes weeks, months or even years before the order can be closed. Or the drawdown is so high that the stop loss is. The EA attaches itself to the market tops and stops. This is clearly seen in my reports.

Odomike has the same result get in his tests. You should take a look at the and compare the dates of the orders with the corresponding chart.

A second trouble is that the EA makes almost exclusively sell order. This is not normal, since the course usually in equal parts goes up and down. Since it would be normal if sell and buy order would also be in equal parts.

With the program changing Willgart from 01.03.14 works this EA better in equal parts.

I can only recommend for demo accounts the EA currently. For live accounts it seems to me the risk is too high for crash.

Best regards and good luck

Hi Roy,

odomike:

Thanks and take care.

I have tested your EA with backtest 99.9% from 08.03.2012 until today with standard settings of you .

Your EA has one problem. He detects not or only very bad the change of a trend. After placing an order, he does not recognize when a long trend goes in the other direction. If he has just given an order at a maximum or minimum of the course, waiting sometimes weeks, months or even years before the order can be closed. Or the drawdown is so high that the stop loss is. The EA attaches itself to the market tops and stops. This is clearly seen in my reports.

Odomike has the same result get in his tests. You should take a look at the and compare the dates of the orders with the corresponding chart.

A second trouble is that the EA makes almost exclusively sell order. This is not normal, since the course usually in equal parts goes up and down. Since it would be normal if sell and buy order would also be in equal parts.

With the program changing Willgart from 01.03.14 works this EA better in equal parts.

I can only recommend for demo accounts the EA currently. For live accounts it seems to me the risk is too high for crash.

Best regards and good luck

dear, thank you for your reply. i am using hotforex broker.

dear, thank you for your reply. i am using hotforex broker.

Hi,

it doesnt seem to do any buy trades and the auto stop loss amount is HUGE... seems a bit risky.

Hi,

it doesnt seem to do any buy trades and the auto stop loss amount is HUGE... seems a bit risky.

Reason: