How to close the last trade EXACTLY at the open of the next trade? - page 7

nicholi shen: Why are we ignoring the obvious simultaneous closing and reopening of a position for no reason? Even in a perfect world with no commissions or spreads... why??????

It was not ignored! I did address it! Thrice actually! I even explained why I thought the OP would believe it would reduce the exposure, and explained why it was not so!

Fernando Carreiro:

It was not ignored! I did address it! Thrice actually! I even explained why I thought the OP would believe it would reduce the exposure, and explained why it was not so!

And you sir were correct.

nicholi shen:

Because it is a pointless operation that only wastes money via slippage, spread, and commission. 

1 + 1 = 2

1 + 2 - 1 = 2

Sorry I don't get it...must be tired.

Suppose his first sell is at 1.2010 (1 lot), at 1.2013 he wants to close the 1 lot and open 2 lots. That's your 1 + 2 - 1 I guess.

What is your 1 + 1, same start 1 lot at 1.2010 and then ?

Alain Verleyen:

Sorry I don't get it...must be tired.

Suppose his first sell is at 1.2010 (1 lot), at 1.2013 he wants to close the 1 lot and open 2 lots. That's your 1 + 2 - 1 I guess.

What is your 1 + 1, same start 1 lot at 1.2010 and then ?

That is when you don't close the first order, but simply open one more order of the same volume, instead of closing the first and opening twice the volume.

Fernando Carreiro:

That is when you don't close the first order, but simply open one more order of the same volume, instead of closing the first and opening twice the volume.

Yes of course this morning it's obvious. I should not think at 3AM lool

Fernando Carreiro:

You have much more experience with Futures than I have, but I have seen many brokers advertising "no spread" on Futures, but with other fees. Some even have flat fees.

Here is how they say it :

No Markup
Raw direct spreads

Alain Verleyen: Here is how they say it :

Thanks for the info! I don't currently trade futures, but I should look into it for future projects!

Fernando Carreiro:

Thanks for the info! I don't currently trade futures, but I should look into it for future projects!

Yes it's very interesting.

Alain Verleyen: Yes it's very interesting.

I hate the fact that this forum keeps automatically assigning links to our text in posts and most of the time the links have nothing to do with the subject being discussed.

I usually go back and remove them, but it is very annoying, especially when the trigger word or phrase appears many times and I have to repeat the processes several times over in order to get rid of the links that keep popping up! I hate it!

marth tanaka:
So I have a system where I open a new trade every 10 pips and close out the last trade. 

The last trade is also modified to set the stop loss to 10 pips.

Currently, I have a function that does this:

What I am doing is first closing the trade (by running this function) before opening the next trade by doing OpenTrade(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Next_BUY_Lot_Size); or OpenTrade(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Next_SELL_Lot_Size);

Example 

However, the trade does not close EXACTLY at the open of the next trade. It happens before but at a different price which causes me uncessecary and extra losses.

Would OrderCloseBy() do the trick here? Example of what I am thinking: OrderCloseBy(Close1B,Close2B, CLR_NONE);

Can you guys spot the mistake? I've been losing sleep over this for some time now.

As a matter of 'Not losing' , let's say, you would either need to create a Breakeven or add/subtract the Spread to each of the orders so that they match, bearing in mind a very good instant execution, and maybe limiting time and news to have a kind of control over the slippage. You could also trade in calm markets, like during the night. You need to add some 'space' for Spread. 

Reason: