Trade different lots size (delay data)

Hi. I just want to know if someone has experience with operations above 1 lot. Specifically I need to know at which point (i.e. how many lots) there would be a substantial increase of the delay (in time: more than 0.3 seconds) and slippage of the order (more than 1 pip). I asked my broker but they said that they have only average slippage data (0.02 pips), nothing about specific lots dimensions and nothing about time delay...Do you have any information/data about both splippage and time delay in different cases (i.e. 1 lot, 5 lots, 10 lots, 20 lots etc.)?

PS. If you have any general information, I'll appreciate even if it is not specific or of another broker, the important is that the broker is stp or ecn.

Regards

Jox90:

Hi. I just want to know if someone has experience with operations above 1 lot. Specifically I need to know at which point (i.e. how many lots) there would be a substantial increase of the delay (in time: more than 0.3 seconds) and slippage of the order (more than 1 pip). I asked my broker but they said that they have only average slippage data (0.02 pips), nothing about specific lots dimensions and nothing about time delay...Do you have any information/data about both splippage and time delay in different cases (i.e. 1 lot, 5 lots, 10 lots, 20 lots etc.)?

PS. If you have any general information, I'll appreciate even if it is not specific or of another broker, the important is that the broker is stp or ecn.

Regards

Yes, the lot size can affect the execution speed and the slippage of a trade, but usually that happens in sizes more than 5-10 lots.

This is also a broker related issue, so maybe for some brokers that limit is much lower.

The time of the day (or night) affects the quality of a trade too, you should expect larger delays and slippage during the first morning hours (European time).

Eleni Anna Branou: so maybe for some brokers that limit is much lower.

Some brokers have MaxLots at five (5) while others have it at 100K.

William Roeder:

Some brokers have MaxLots at five (5) while others have it at 100K.

This has nothing to do with MaxLots of the broker William, we are talking about delay and increased slippage in large orders execution.

I was agreeing with you. There is a big difference between brokers.

William Roeder:
I was agreeing with you. There is a big difference between brokers.

Ah OK, sorry then, I misunderstood.

10 lots are about 0,0000005 of daily volume in FX market...

Jox90:
10 lots are about 0,0000005 of daily volume in FX market...

I am not saying that 10 lots move the market, I am saying that 10 lots (I said for sizes larger than 5-10 lots) for a specific small broker can be enough in order to cause a delay in execution or larger than usual slippage.

Try to open a 50 lot trade in most brokers (especially at night) and you will see that its execution is not instant like in small orders, but it takes a mere second or more to open.

Read carefully first, comment after.

Reason: