Alert window in MT4

When the alert window pops up and you use the scroll feature on the top half it does not work, in fact if you use the scroll feature on the bottom the top half creates a BIG space for what??  See attached.

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THAT BIG SPACE THAT DOES NOTHING, IN FACT HOW CAN I TURN OFF ALERTS WINDOW , I HATE IT WHEN IT KEEPS POPPING UP! 

Files:
ALERT_WINDOW.jpg  162 kb

bigfoot1954:

When the alert window pops up and you use the scroll feature on the top half it does not work, in fact if you use the scroll feature on the bottom the top half creates a BIG space for what??  See attached.

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THAT BIG SPACE THAT DOES NOTHING, IN FACT HOW CAN I TURN OFF ALERTS WINDOW , I HATE IT WHEN IT KEEPS POPPING UP! 

Please don't shout.

If you move your mouse to the upper or lower edges of the Alert window, you can resize the window. You can't resize the upper section independently of the lower section; they move together.

These alerts are generated entirely by indicators, scripts or EAs that you have applied to your charts. Check the input settings to see if there is an option to disable them. Otherwise, you'll need to recode them (if you have the source code) else either live with the alerts or remove the offending indicator / EA / script.

hi,

Does anybody know if it possible to cut and paste all the alerts in the alert window into a text (or excel) document?

Or can i access the list of alerts somewhere else where i can copy them? 

I am looking for something other than having to take a screenshot or two and then using an online app to convert the image into a text document.

Thank-you!

bmotley #: Does anybody know if it possible to cut and paste all the alerts in the alert window into a text (or excel) document?

The Alerts are in the Experts tab. Right click → Open and you have all the files. Do what you want with them.

William Roeder #:

The Alerts are in the Experts tab. Right click → Open and you have all the files. Do what you want with th

William Roeder #:

The Alerts are in the Experts tab. Right click → Open and you have all the files. Do what you want with them.

William, Thank-you for that! The contents of the log file should work for me.

Essentially, I want to load the data into an excel file and manipulate the data to identify any of the 28 symbols based on a series of indicators.

Each time i load the profile all the indicators are triggered (written to the file) for all 28 charts.

It will save me from having to analyze each chart separately. If that makes sense.

Thanks again!

Reason: