Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 40

CrisZind:

Did you recognize the side-way period and not use the strategy in that period? Maybe use another strategy or not trade at all

No, I do not recognize it. At every moment price can go either up or down, I stablish a period to test where the behavior was sidewalks, and result was not good. For that I have decided not to use it on real, I want to get a EA that behaves well in sidewalks markets as all of us. But I am just newbie, I will continue testing ideas on EA's and if found something interesting let you know.

palnewth:

Here I put a test done with this EA idea, 

But as I have mentioned before I got profit just in a trending period, I have tested it again in a sidewalk period and the loss was terrible 

which EA?

CrisZind:

Did you recognize the side-way period and not use the strategy in that period? Maybe use another strategy or not trade at all

the best systems are adaptable ones

Seyedmajid Masharian:

the best systems are adaptable ones

True

another opinion: you can't trade each move in the market.

Whichever works right i guess

CrisZind:

True

another opinion: you can't trade each move in the market.

Whichever works right i guess

if your strategy is adaptable one you can trade every move in the market place

palnewth:

Here I put a test done with this EA idea, 

But as I have mentioned before I got profit just in a trending period, I have tested it again in a sidewalk period and the loss was terrible 

With 278 short trades and 2932 long trades are you sure that you were "hedging"?

Seyedmajid Masharian:

i showed my statement here as a proof of semi hedging i also can show you all a profitable statement using this kind of hedging.

did you remember my %1900 ROI. statement

Yes, you showed a profit, but none of that profit was due to the "hedging element"

Seyedmajid Masharian:

i am a professional trader that have been in the marketplace since 9 years ago .

check tens of thousands of EAs , indicators , strategies like price action , ichimuko etc...

and can assure you 99% of them not work in long term.

because market is unpredictable and full of uncertainty. so no one can predict the

market direction with %100 accuracy even big players like central banks.

( remember George soros and the bank of England , https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/george-soros-bank-of-england.asp  )

i said %99 of systems but %1 can make consistent money a part of those is hedging i think.

if you have any idea about hedging come here and give your comment.

Yes i know some hedgers who use straddle strategy in stocks with options trading.Thus they insure their trades,which is risking 35% of money on each trade rather that 100%. I hope you understand what i mean. :)

Keith Watford:

Yes, you showed a profit, but none of that profit was due to the "hedging element"

that was semi hedging

Keith Watford:

Seyedmajid Masharian:

that was semi hedging

I repeat - none of that profit was due to the "hedging element"

Reason: