Any great idea about HEDGING positions welcome here - page 36

Icham Aidibe:

#1 you need to be able to detect a ranging market before thinking on how could you adapt, are you ?

#2 the more you'll move your tp far from the bands, the more you gonna miss tps - logical. 

#3 if it's not spread it's slippage, have you thought about a recalculation of the appropriate tp/sl levels ?

#4 use pending orders <--- unsure i understood this one

Thanks a lot for great comment friend i will read that and reply in detail.

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Thanks a lot for great comment friend i will read that and reply in detail.

Don't feel like you have to, try, if it's ok, good for you :)

Icham Aidibe:

Don't feel like you have to, try, if it's ok, good for you :)

I think always there is a solution ... but we have to think more and more to find that...

Seyedmajid Masharian:

3.another group are neutral or agree with hedging but each person is talking about fragmented section . (they come here and give us questions about

non related subjects for example : flash crash , gap , etc... without any attention to mentioned strategy and we have to make solution step by step not at the same time for all problems)

i thin i have to continue this path lonely because here i am wasting my precious time for no reason and no result.

I am really sorry for mentioning flash crashes...

James Newman:

I am really sorry for mentioning flash crashes...

Were you the first to mention flash crashes?

Keith Watford:

Were you the first to mention flash crashes?

yes, post #272.... :)

and I just wanted to mention another thing able to kill any hedge, but...

James Newman:

yes, post #272.... :)

Thats not problem james we will discuss about that when we find a solution for my mentioned questions. Because we have to resolve problems step by step.   I have to say right now i am working on that solution .    Do you have any idea about how to solve those questions i have mentiond in post #138?

Seyedmajid Masharian:
Thats not problem james we will discuss about that when we find a solution for my mentioned questions. Because we have to resolve problems step by step.   I have to say right now i am working on that solution .    Do you have any idea about how to solve those questions i have mentiond in post #138?

well, I said earlier that one and the same solution could be right and wrong for different traders. This is due to differences in trading setups and more importantly their psychologies... Systems like that your are trying to collect info/ideas were used a lot years ago when retail brokers just started to provide services on the Internet... To cut the story short - during the credit crunch it wasn't fun to use such systems.

I wouldn't call such systems as hedging... they are just systems using opposite positions trying to create profits... they are still legitimate (imho) as there is some psychological aspect (opposite to the maths side) - important for many day traders (see f.e. Icham Aidibe 2018.10.01 21:13 )...

James Newman:

I wouldn't call such systems as hedging... they are just systems using opposite positions trying to create profits... they are still legitimate (imho) as there is some psychological aspect (opposite to the maths side) - important for many day traders...

Right ... hedging and netting are not systems, they are just the different ways of implementing the given system.

You can implement the same system with hedging or with netting.

If you use hedging, the costs paid to broker will be higher ... if you use netting, the costs will be lower.

So, hedging is the expensive way of implementing a system.

As I said before, I also agree with the psychological aspect.

What we are trying to say here, this psychological benefit is not free, comes with an extra cost paid to brokers.

If you are ok with that extra cost, hedging or netting, both are same for the given strategy.

I made hedging my whimsy during about 8 months before obtaining something acceptable in term of profit - because we have to admit, that it's far from being the most profitable of all strategies. 

I also worked on triangular arbitrage (hedging currencies), this one has been a real headache, at first results were great on the tester but in that particular case, only the "real tick" mode is relevant because of ticks' tempo which differs in account while with the every tick mode it's all sync'd - hence the confusion. Some days ago, MetaQuotes posted an example working with a delay. But there again ... it's not very profitable.

Finally, I find "hedging" interesting only when used in a manual/semi automated trading system - for the psychological aspect but not only (edit : it's a strategy thought to cover loss not for being profitable) ; as EA, any other system, including EAs based on basics indicators & strategies could be more profitable.

@Seyedmajid Masharian, dude if you don't have already an operating system, you're losing your time & energy with hedging, it's very ingrate ; but to pass time, as an intellectual exercise it's fun : maths, logics, it's like a chinese puzzle.

(My humble opinion)

Reason: