Experts: RUBBERBANDS_2 EA - page 2

really good i made a few adjustment and used in a demo account with 5000.00 and made me 1500.00 in just a night

WILMER:
really good i made a few adjustment and used in a demo account with 5000.00 and made me 1500.00 in just a night

A longer trending period will kill your account.

ggekko:
WILMER:

mayby we should have a version 3 of this with a pipstep for the right direction i mean when the pair is going to trend you have x orders for sell put a buy order in it and close when the price is going down for x levels more profits and a little bit saver for your account

the idea is great for a longer term investment thank you

sorry for my bad english

StJojo:
nerolink:

Good one - with a few adjustments this can be a winner

Thank you for your kind words. Could you suggest the "adjustments" you have in your mind?

Please what settings, I have been all over the map on settings and this loses big and very fast. thanks

This version seems more "correct" in implementing the ideas behind the EA but yet it does not perform as well as the previous version

hulspas:
ggekko:
WILMER:

mayby we should have a version 3 of this with a pipstep for the right direction i mean when the pair is going to trend you have x orders for sell put a buy order in it and close when the price is going down for x levels more profits and a little bit saver for your account

the idea is great for a longer term investment thank you

sorry for my bad english

Well, thank you for all of your comments. I'm writing RUBBERBAND_3 which will also make profits in forward direction (as with the original RUBBERBAND) and withstand big long trends.

metalriff:

Please what settings, I have been all over the map on settings and this loses big and very fast. thanks

Sorry for the delay. This EA has a problem, as ggekko wrote, in longer trending period. I admit this problem is intrinsic to this EA and I am now working on the code to correct it, which will result in RUBBERBAND_3. Please wait for it to come up.

StJojo:

Sorry for the delay. This EA has a problem, as ggekko wrote, in longer trending period. I admit this problem is intrinsic to this EA and I am now working on the code to correct it, which will result in RUBBERBAND_3. Please wait for it to come up.

Have you any idea? I think so the main problem is that there is an insoluble antagonism between the two kind of market-behaviour. To make one EA for trending and non-trending market is a really big challenge.

Dear friend, let me give my idea. It would be good to close all the negotiations at a loss when the profitloss is a + 10$ or other amount set in the EA. In this way you let go that transaction until il arrives at the result of the stoploss.

Your work is greatly appreciated and thank u vvm althaugh I am getting the followng error : RUBBERBANDS_2 EURUSD,M5 : Error opening Buy order :4109...it passes fine through the strategy tester but when applied it gives me that error...is it a setting wrong ?

Reason: