Indicators: Daily Pivot Points shifted for different day start time

Daily Pivot Points shifted for different day start time:

This indicator is another implementation of daily pivot points that allows the time for pivot point calculation to be advanced or delayed from the server time. It considers any Saturday trading to be Friday and any Sunday trading to be Monday.

Author: Tony

Good stuff, thanks

is there a way to add another pivot line? I want to add a line that is the average of the current session's pivot point added to the 2 prior sessions pivot points. it would be called the 3 Period Pivot Point Average.

Thanks

-E-

Goose:

Good stuff, thanks

I hope it's useful.

Jellybean

macleod77:

is there a way to add another pivot line? I want to add a line that is the average of the current session's pivot point added to the 2 prior sessions pivot points. it would be called the 3 Period Pivot Point Average.

Thanks

-E-

Hi MacLeod

Yes it is possible to do this. There is a limit of 8 indicator buffers and this indicator uses 7, so as long as you only want to add one more line, it should be OK.

Are you able to program this or are you asking me to do it?

Cheers

Jellybean

Jellybean:
macleod77:

Thanks

-E-

Hi MacLeod

Yes it is possible to do this. There is a limit of 8 indicator buffers and this indicator uses 7, so as long as you only want to add one more line, it should be OK.

Are you able to program this or are you asking me to do it?

Cheers

Jellybean

Thanks for the quick reply, I was going to give a crack at coding this, but since I'm new to MQL4 it might not go so well. Can i ask you questions if i run into issues? :) I really want to learn how to do this myself so i can write my own code. :)

Hi MacLeod

Modifying existing software can be a good or a bad learning experience depending on how well it is written. I hope my software is clear enough for it to be a good experience.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. If the questions are likely to be useful to others, this is a good place to ask them, but feel free to send me a private message if you prefer. (Actually, I'm fairly new to forums, etc. and haven't received any private messages, so we can both learn ;-)

Cheers

Jellybean

Excellent tool, clearly and professionally written. Many thanks!

interno:

Thanks interno

Glad you like it.

Jellybean

This indicator is great. Thanks for your work. It's difficult finding a good PV calcualtor that also still draws lines for past days. Most calculators simply draw the lines over the entire chart for only the current period - not very useful when you want to go back and practice trading a system with pivot points. Thanks for your hard work!

I only have one suggestion. Could you add midpivots, if you decide to do an updated version? I think it'd prove quite useful.

Thanks.

Reason: