Optimization results panel gone after last platform update

As said in the subject, after the last update when I launch a strategy tester optimization I don't have anymore the panel that showed in real time (while the optimization was running) the results of the optimization.

This panel was a primary element, because I could stop the strategy tester and still have the results even if the optimization wasn't ended yet.

Why is it gone?

Is it possibile to download a previous version of metatrader ?

Don't connect to Metequotes-Demo if you are not ready to be a beta-tester.

Real-time optimization results tab is removed on purpose, it will be like that in future MT5 release.

Forum on trading, automatic trading systems and testing of trading strategies

Today the MT5 terminal has been updated and the "Optimization" window is not displayed during the test

Renat Fatkhullin , 2018.04.28 15:10

We are busy with a big upgrade of the tester's performance and reworking the modes of operation under heavy load. Significant improvements have been made and new methods of acceleration will soon be implemented.

The window of the list of passes was decided to show at the end of the calculation, so as not to spend really large resources on maintaining, re-sorting and displaying the constantly changing list of passes.

There really were huge costs of resources and brakes. Especially when talking about hundreds of thousands of lines, millions and tens of millions of passes. There is no reasonable sense to look at the pier of preliminary data.

We are conducting tests for optimization and work with 100 million complete passes.

It is clear that with such numbers there can be no question of rifting re-sorting and displaying a table of 2-5-10-50 million values. The only option is one - quickly and economically collect everything, finally sort and ensure viewing at any depth.

Ok, thank you. I don't like this new "feature", I don't think that a lot of people is testing with million of values. If the passes are low enough, say < 1000, the "Optimization window" should be visible anyway.

I hope that the developer can take this into account, because backtesting like that is a pain in the ass.

Hi,

I also think this is a very bad move! I hate only seeing the dots instead the table!

Can you please just fix the issue you had with it and bring the functionality back!

Regards,

Michael

..and I also would like to have a filter on the results, which would reduce the lines significant!

mikedyke:

Hi,

I also think this is a very bad move! I hate only seeing the dots instead the table!

Can you please just fix the issue you had with it and bring the functionality back!

Regards,

Michael

Well not a bad move for people with millions of results that don't want to waste cpu but for some of us it's a great way to catch errors by watching the results for the first ~100 results for things that don't look right. So, perhaps an option to bring it back manually and manually sort on demand would be optimal. I also found the 'Pass" column to be somewhat interesting sometimes and I wonder why that too was removed, would love to have an option to bring it back too.

Alain Verleyen:

Don't connect to Metequotes-Demo if you are not ready to be a beta-tester.

Real-time optimization results tab is removed on purpose, it will be like that in future MT5 release.

Thanks Alain for the reminder about beta but the point of beta testing is for feedback from customers so, in good humor, I might send a counter reminder such as "If you're not ready for customer feedback then don't release the beta version." =)

Thanks for the reasoning behind the removal of the column.

Benjamin Dixon:

Thanks Alain for the reminder about beta but the point of beta testing is for feedback from customers so, in good humor, I might send a counter reminder such as "If you're not ready for customer feedback then don't release the beta version." =)

Thanks for the reasoning behind the removal of the column.

I know, I tried to explain that to Metaquotes but they have their own idea, so best thing I can do is to inform people.

Benjamin Dixon:

Well not a bad move for people with millions of results that don't want to waste cpu but for some of us it's a great way to catch errors by watching the results for the first ~100 results for things that don't look right. So, perhaps an option to bring it back manually and manually sort on demand would be optimal. I also found the 'Pass" column to be somewhat interesting sometimes and I wonder why that too was removed, would love to have an option to bring it back too.

Stop your optimization after 100 passes, check your results, start again, it should continue from where it stopped.

Alain Verleyen:
I know, I tried to explain that to Metaquotes but they have their own idea, so best thing I can do is to inform people.

We appreciate you're efforts, you're awesome!

Alain Verleyen:
Stop your optimization after 100 passes, check your results, start again, it should continue from where it stopped.

Oh Yeah thanks. That's what I've been doing for the workaround, I forgot to mention it here.

Reason: