Changing order size?

Hi Guys, I am new to mql5.com. I have subscribed to a signal and the signal has made trades through my account. However it is only trading 0.02 of a lot, even though my account balance is greater than the signal providers balance. I have set the value for Tools/Options/Signals/Use no more than.... to 95%.

Any suggestions,

Best wishes Phoenix 58

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

angevoyageur, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

Different Standard Lot Size between subscriber broker and signal broker

angevoyageur, 2014.02.15 10:18

About rounding of ratio, please read the Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service point 15. How the lot size itself is rounded I am not sure, in your example (10% applied to 0.20 lot) it seems you are right. Can you provide more details ?

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And there is some changes related to lot size/volume made in one of the build of Metatrader:

===========

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 
It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And the main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (started from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"). Same in Russian https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (if someone prefer russian more than english for example). 

Just for information.  

And finally - there is example here (https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber started from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation") with lot size calculation for subscribers so you can use this example to understand about your lot size (leverage and so on).

phoenix58:

Hi Guys, I am new to mql5.com. I have subscribed to a signal and the signal has made trades through my account. However it is only trading 0.02 of a lot, even though my account balance is greater than the signal providers balance. I have set the value for Tools/Options/Signals/Use no more than.... to 95%.

Any suggestions,

Best wishes Phoenix 58

There a few things that I could think of.

Issue 1: provider is trading with a currency eg RUR whereby your broker does not support and you subs to signal using usd. In this case MQL will calculate based on pure balance amt w/o converting to the provider's currency to obtain correct exrate (as it cant find that rate to convert). Eg provider has 50,000RUR, u have $5000 usd. It will still create a 0.10% ratio when ratio shld be much bigger.

Solution: Used a demo acct (ENSURE that this demo supports the provider's trade cur, preferably use the same broker as provider for the demo. If provider's demo does not support signal subs, u hv to search for a broker that has the provider's cur), create an amt in RUR (eg 50,000 RUR) that is roughly equivalent of your acct balance), less abt 10% in case there is revision of exrate and your demo acct can get margin call :). Then use a free trade copier to copy it out to ur live/another demo acct denoted in USD.

Alternative Solution, Create a demo acct with usd amt equivalent of that in RUR, eg, USD50,000 (instead of RUR50,000). When copying out, be very careful to set the risk mgt in your receiver mt4. Observe FIRST the lot size and dd% of this demo acct, before setting copier to copy trades.

Possible issue 2: Provider has same trading acct cur as yours, and your calculations show eg 0.026. In this case MQL may do a rounding based on their internal logic. Check the journal log and pls submit journal log for this trade that you are asking abt so that its easier to resolve ur issues

Solution: Same as 1) above. Create demo acct using same balance as live. Then use copier to copy over by setting a larger Ratio Multiplier or Lot multiplier or fix lot etc (whatever risk parameter that copier provides u with). BE VERY CAREFUL as this can lead to margin call!

Reason: