Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

Hello, This is my first Post so lets hope it works out!!!!

So, I am copying a Signal Service, The Person i am subscribed to has two open Trades! One has a Lot (Volume) size of 0.01 and the other trade is 0.02. BUT on my MT4 account it shows BOTH Trades as 0.01!!? Why is one of them not 0.02?

Thank You in Advance!

Hi Psingh117

I am a signal provider and I just realized that this might be a source of problem for my signals too.

I believe the reason for lot sizes is not copied is the fact that money management side is fully controlled by client terminals and set up during the signal selection process and every time a new signal is generated by signal provider, client's terminal use the same money management rules to open this position and therefore it will most likely open the trade with same lot size or even maybe less even if the signal provider opened a higher second lot size trade due to his/her trading strategy. I am currently looking for a possible solution for that if any.

I would appreciate if anybody else knows any solution to this prbm (Lot size not coppied from signal provider to signal receiver). 

Regards

Forex Pillars 

psingh117:

Hello, This is my first Post so lets hope it works out!!!!

So, I am copying a Signal Service, The Person i am subscribed to has two open Trades! One has a Lot (Volume) size of 0.01 and the other trade is 0.02. BUT on my MT4 account it shows BOTH Trades as 0.01!!? Why is one of them not 0.02?

Thank You in Advance!

Asking about volume/lot size calculating for subscribers so I want to remind the follolwing:

1. This is one of the main link about calculating lot size for subscribers Signal Subscribers starting from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"
  2. List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds :

=============

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 

It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

And there is some changes related to lot size/volume made in one of the build of Metatrader:

===========

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 
It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions

And the main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one http://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signal_subscriber

Just for information.  

newdigital:

And the main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (started from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"). Same in Russian https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (if someone prefer russian more than english for example). 

Just for information.  

Thanks for the detailed explanations and links for this topic which is quite important.

After I replied  psingh117 I have had a chance to test if my signal's volume size is replicated correctly in one of my subscribers and the answer was YES.

My signal provider account opened an initial lot size of 4 and then after certain move on price I opened another position with lot size 7 (which is 1.75 times of 4) this has been exactly replicated in one of my test subscriber's account as initial lot size 0.08 and then consecutive lot size was 0.14 (which is exactly 1.75 times of 0.08)

So lot sizes are being correctly followed by subscribers which is the good news.

As for psingh117's issue I would suggest to recheck settings under MT4 terminal's Signal's tab.

Thanks again

Forex Pillars 

Hello to all members..

i am also facing the same issue,  The Person i am subscribed to has 15 open Trades!. 13 has a Lot (Volume) size of 0.01 and the other trade is 0.02. BUT on my MT4 account all  Trades are copied as 0.01!!? Why is two of them not 0.02?

My balance is more than the master account and i am using 95% of my balance to copy him. My leverage  is also same as the master account?

Is there any setting to be modified in metatrader?

Your valuable comments are required?

shiva1819:

Hello to all members..

i am also facing the same issue,  The Person i am subscribed to has 15 open Trades!. 13 has a Lot (Volume) size of 0.01 and the other trade is 0.02. BUT on my MT4 account all  Trades are copied as 0.01!!? Why is two of them not 0.02?

My balance is more than the master account and i am using 95% of my balance to copy him. My leverage  is also same as the master account?

Is there any setting to be modified in metatrader?

Your valuable comments are required?

Hi

You mention that your account is higher than the signal. But is your account in the same currency as the signal? And when you take into account that you are only using 95% of your account, is this still higher than the signal account? Maybe you can post the exact figures here so we can see what's going on. Also, check out this article for all of the calculations MT uses in lot sizing: SIMPLE STEPS TO CORRECT LOT SIZES WHEN SUBSCRIBING TO SIGNALS

I'm subscribing to a signal that has leverage of 1:500.  I use OANDA which stops at 1:50.  Does this mean the lot size will always be 10 times less than the signal? I hope I understand this correctly.  Is there a way to match it?

amegahed:
I'm subscribing to a signal that has leverage of 1:500.  I use OANDA which stops at 1:50.  Does this mean the lot size will always be 10 times less than the signal? I hope I understand this correctly.  Is there a way to match it?
Leverage isn't the only deciding factor but it does make one of the biggest differences. Read the article linked in the post above yours, that will give you all the answers.

Add your balance it's will autonative increase your lot
Reason: