hidden strategy - page 4

Amir Yacoby:

And just a joke now - what about your ea developer? have you made sure to send someone to treat him so that he can't disclose the secret? You can post a job for that on freelance section.

I wish i know the answer or can find a rule, don't think anyone would agree to sign a NDA and dunno how far can it even be effective if signed

Im learning MQL4 now reading Int, double and bool as we speak

Jhennifher:

not necessary my strategie; It is like I said before; something that I heard a lot: brokers identify and separate accounts wiht a good profitable, ok? Let´s imagine one account goes since 500 usd to 5000 usd in 1 month and so on...in one year, let´s imagine this account has 1 million dollar or more; do you think no one will check it?

LOL! Such strategy you are mentioning is called holy grail. Especially with fully automate EAs you can't have such returns because markets conditions change all the time.

Also, you can't hide your trading activity so whatever is manual strategy or fully automated EA be sure that on the broker side there are veteran strategists that know what you are doing and of course they can easily figure out the rules of your EA or what your manual strategy is based on.. however if you are a phenomenon with a great natural trading talent maybe you can make very nice returns but this is valid only if you trade DISCRETIONALLY and in such case the broker can't figure out very precisely your rules because if you trade discretionally it is very likely that your rules changes to accomodate the market changes and adapt on the recent environment, basically you are trading like a chameleon...but remember that miracolous strategies or miracolous EAs are just mirages or at the very maximum they can work over a limited period of time, after that you will burn your account.

Also, If you have extraordinary returns on backtest they are most likely faked or maybe the strategy is based on the very good execution condition (like high frequency strategies) but HFT work only with extremely good execution and this business (HFT) can't be profitable for small retail traders (for obviuos reasons) so as Victor Sperandeo said: if your strategy is dependent totally on the good execution it is better you don't trade at all! Yes It is totally possible to make a good and reliable "fully automated EA" but you need to study the market behavior and try to figure out how your EA will perform in all the billions of variations that market can have in the future and be sure that you are building up a strategy that can make sense in a way that no broker can disturb its own trading activity because it would be very clear at that point that your broker would be trying to cheat you in that case BUT above all you need to forget the miracolous results because it is not possible to have such performances you are mentioning without the risk of burning your account tomorrow morning. (You are talking only about performances and not about the risk to achieve such performances and they are very correlate regardless of how good a strategy is)

I don't think the broker can see anything being run on your computer (or VPS).  What they can see is your account info (obviously), your open and pending orders, stops and take profits, as well as anything else held on their servers.  And I also agree with other posters, why would they care about the strategy.  Retail traders are taught to place stops and such at predictable places, so no matter the strategy, we are additional liquidity....the strategy doesn't really matter to them.  If you want to hide your stops, then have your developer close the order after it goes through a drawn line/object on the chart, or have it closed when a % drawdown is reached...hard code your exits (profit or loss) and they won't be able to "see" that.

Carmine Pinto:

LOL! Such strategy you are mentioning is called holy grail. Especially with fully automate EAs you can't have such returns because markets conditions changes all the time.

Also, you can't hide your trading activity so whatever is manual strategy or fully automated EA be sure that on the broker side there are veteran strategists that know what you are doing and of course they can easily figure out the rules of your EA or what your manual strategy is based on.. however if you are a phenomenon with a great natural trading talent maybe you can make very nice returns but this is valid only if you trade DISCRETIONALLY and in such case the broker can't figure out very precisely your rules because if you trade discretionally it is very likely that your rules changes to accomodate the market changes and adapt on the recent environment, basically you are trading like a chameleon...but remember that miracolous strategies or miracolous EAs are just mirages or at the very maximum they can work over a limited period of time, after that you will burn your account.

Also, If you have extraordinary returns on backtest they are most likely faked or maybe the strategy is based on the very good execution condition (like high frequency strategies) but HFT work only with extremely good execution and this business can't be profitable for small retail traders (for obviuos reasons) so as Victor Sperandeo said: if your strategy is dependent totally on the good execution it is better you don't trade at all! Yes It is totally possible to make a good and reliable "fully automated EA" but you need to study the market behavior and try to figure out how your EA will perform in all the billions of variations that market can have in the future and be sure that you are building up a strategy that can make sense in a way that no broker can disturb its own trading activity because it would be very clear at that point that your broker would be trying to cheat you in that case BUT above all you need to forget the miracolous results because it is not possible to have such performances you are mentioning without the risk of blowing out your account tomorrow morning.

Why should anyone trade in the first place then!!

I'd like to answer one part of this reply only as im interested in making a point and because if i go further it will be too off topic and i don't want to upset the person who started this topic

"Performing at all the billions of variations that the market has" is like having all the knowledge in medicine, engineering, finance, nuclear science and all other careers, no one does that

Performing under the right conditions is what makes one successful, i think everyone can make money out of trading and i only been in this for 2 years now, but of course one should put on pause the dreams of being rich until things go well

SafMoseSteve:

Why should anyone trade in the first place then!!

I'd like to answer one part of this reply only as im interested in making a point and because if i go further it will be too off topic and i don't want to upset the person who started this topic

"Performing at all the billions of variations that the market has" is like having all the knowledge in medicine, engineering, finance, nuclear science and all other careers, no one does that

Performing under the right conditions is what makes one successful, i think everyone can make money out of trading and i only been in this for 2 years now, but of course one should put on pause the dreams of being rich until things go well

I never stated that trading profitably is impossible. Sure, it is very hard because you need to be on the right track of the market behaviors and reconcile this with your own behaviors (internal response to profits and losses in good mood periods and profit and losses in bad mood periods).

Markets have really a lot of variations, they are very complex environments in fact even the best traders in the world had poor periods in their performances. If the variations would be limited the market would be perfectly interpretable (almost) all the time and this is not really the case because market partecipants are reacting to dynamics situations that happens all around the world from time to time.

Reason: