Why is column "Flags" no longer present in the CSV tick data file exported from MT5 ? - page 2

nicholishen:

Only one way to settle this! OP needs to backup his ActvTrades terminal folder, login to a MQ demo from said terminal, upgrade the terminal, and report back whether or not the tick flag was removed by the terminal or whether the field is broker specific. 

Thank you for your idea. I did the experiment as you suggested.

The result was that, as soon as the terminal customized by ActivTrades was updated to version 1745, the column Flags vanished and the behavior was the same as the terminal downloaded directly from Metaquotes.

Therefore, we can conclude the problem is not related to any customization applied by the broker on the client terminal. It seems to depend on the terminal version only.

Alain Verleyen:

As Fernando said, and the OP, the flag is removed, that's a fact.

I totally agree with Fernando. No documentation, no communication, and fxsaber answer doesn't make sense. 

Do you mean I should not expect to get an answer from Metaquotes?

Is there any way to know from them whether the removal of the flags is a "bug" or a "decision" ?

How should I do in order to report the bug or to complain about the decision ?

HeraldoAlmeida:

Do you mean I should not expect to get an answer from Metaquotes?

Is there any way to know from them whether the removal of the flags is a "bug" or a "decision" ?

You have to write to Service Desk.

Better to not expect anything, that way you could be surprised, if you expect too much you will most probably be disappointed.

HeraldoAlmeida:

Therefore, we can conclude the problem is not related to any customization applied by the broker on the client terminal. It seems to depend on the terminal version only.

The terminal is the same for everyone, what the broker can customize is just cosmetic.

Just for information.

HeraldoAlmeida: Do you mean I should not expect to get an answer from Metaquotes?

I doubt it is a bug, but instead a deliberate change to the software that MetaQuotes decided to make.

You can try to contact them via the Service Desk, but I doubt they will change it and may even just simply ignore you and not even answer (based on my experiences with the Service Desk).

Alain Verleyen:

You have to write to Service Desk.

Better to not expect anything, that way you could be surprised, if you expect too much you will most probably be disappointed.

Thank you, Alain. I'll do it and I'll give feedback in this thread as soon as I get an answer.

Fernando Carreiro:

I doubt it is a bug, but instead a deliberate change to the software that MetaQuotes decided to make.

You can try to contact them via the Service Desk, but I doubt they will change it and may even just simply ignore you and not even answer (based on my experiences with the Service Desk).

I agree. It sounds more like a deliberate change.

Fortunately, the flags are still being filled into the MqlTick structure, so it is easy to work around. I will just ignore the terminal's export function and write a script to collect all historical ticks inside the desired range into a MqlTick array and then save the array contents into a CSV file similar to the one was previously exported by the terminal.

HeraldoAlmeida: I agree. It sounds more like a deliberate change.

Fortunately, the flags are still being filled into the MqlTick structure, so it is easy to work around. I will just ignore the terminal's export function and write a script to collect all historical ticks inside the desired range into a MqlTick array and then save the array contents into a CSV file similar to the one was previously exported by the terminal.

That is good to know! I was actually going to recommend trying that alternative but you have already done so! At least there it is still functioning correctly!

Hi, I need create historical data, csv file, with flags.

I want use this file for import a new symbol and use for make backtesting.

How I can create this file, the format file?

Thank you.

Maximiliano Salvatti:

Hi, I need create historical data, csv file, with flags.

CopyTicksRange + FileSave.

I want use this file for import a new symbol and use for make backtesting.

FileLoad + CustomTicksReplace.

Reason: