VPS Server

I just got a VPS account and I am using EA Expert robots anyway I noticed when I migrated to the VPS server the smiley face is now frowning how do I know if the server is actually working?

Make sure you click BOTH auto trading options. The first is on the MT menu bar, the other is in the EA itself, on the "Common" tab ("Allow live trading")

collins831:
I just got a VPS account and I am using EA Expert robots anyway I noticed when I migrated to the VPS server the smiley face is now frowning how do I know if the server is actually working?

Check your journal if it says successful and migrated. frowning is ok :) because the server allready migrated your EA. if you tuen it again to smile your platform in your pc and the Vps will trade simultaneously.

collins831:

As I remember (it was written in some article) - autotrading is always ON in MQL5 VPS so EA should work anyway.

My MT5 broker uses OTP, when I use the Virtual Hosting from the MT5 platform itself, I keep getting an authorization on (my ip) failed (Invalid one-time password).

• Is there anyway for me to key in the OTP for the VPS? Or any work around? 
Thanks in adv!

jeromeleeks:

My MT5 broker uses OTP, when I use the Virtual Hosting from the MT5 platform itself, I keep getting an authorization on (my ip) failed (Invalid one-time password).

Thanks in adv!

Write to service desk about it

jeromeleeks #:

Thanks in adv!

Is there any solution to this?

thoth34 #:
Is there any solution to this?
As far as I understand - you need to connect your Metatrader to your trading account to register and to use MQL5 VPS.
As I remember - we do not need any OTP for MQL5 VPS.

i purchased the VPS service but having trouble migrating because my EA uses .dll files

is there a workaround for this because all of my EA's use .dll's 

any help is appreciated, thanks!

rickjchavez #:

i purchased the VPS service but having trouble migrating because my EA uses .dll files

is there a workaround for this because all of my EA's use .dll's 

any help is appreciated, thanks!

If you mean MQL5 VPS, no there is no workaround because MQL5 VPS doesn't allow dlls.

Sergey Golubev #:
As far as I understand - you need to connect your Metatrader to your trading account to register and to use MQL5 VPS.
As I remember - we do not need any OTP for MQL5 VPS.
Hi Sergey, MetaTrader is already connected to my trading account. MT5 VPS works fine with my demo account (where OTP is not set). But does not work with the real account (where OTP is set by the broker and according to the new legislation here OTP is mandatory on real trading accounts). Thanks in advance.
Reason: