Restrict data download

Dear MT lovers,

I use an Windows 2012 Server Amazon AWS instance to run EA, but constantly I am running out of disk space. My workaround is manually delete hcc files from < 2016 year and I have to do this twice a week on average.

Nowadays my instance is for free (12 months Amazon trial with 30GB HD free space) and I don't intend to buy extra disk space.

Does anyone face same problem? Any suggestion on how to handle this?

Maybe it is possible to limit data download or make EA to delete unwanted files, isn't it?

Thanks in advance.

Henrique

PS: I don't backtest using AWS instance. Upon needed, I use my PC for this purpose. AWS is for daily trading.

I do not have Amazon but what I can duggest is the following:

• hide useless (useless for your EA to trade) pairs in Market Watch;
  • delete the history of the "useless pairs" (File - Open Data Folder - and so on - depends on the Metatrader 4 or Metatrader 4);
  • log files ... you may delete some ...;
  • max bars in history on the chart (Tools - Options - Chanrs - and set to 5000 or any depends on your EA's requirement);
  • your EA is making comments writing them in log files? so ...

It may be some other way ...

How about,

Increasing storage...

Marco vd Heijden:

How about,

Increasing storage...

I am considering this, but as last option..

hdemarco:

I am considering this, but as last option..

No offense, but if you can't afford to pay a correct VPS, you can't afford to trade. So you don't need a VPS.

Sergey Golubev:

I do not have Amazon but what I can duggest is the following:

• hide useless (useless for your EA to trade) pairs in Market Watch;
  • delete the history of the "useless pairs" (File - Open Data Folder - and so on - depends on the Metatrader 4 or Metatrader 4);
  • log files ... you may delete some ...;
  • max bars in history on the chart (Tools - Options - Chanrs - and set to 5000 or any depends on your EA's requirement);
  • your EA is making comments writing them in log files? so ...

It may be some other way ...

I really appreciate your suggestions. By the way, you provided real suggestions and not an useless post to earn points.

4th suggestion I already tried. As I only use daily bars, it will keep downloading 5000 days of data.

Thank you so much.

Reason: