• 1% (1)
  • 0% (0)
  • 0% (0)
  • 13% (16)
  • 6% (8)
  • 4% (5)
Total voters: 53

H4 Dow, H1 trend, M15 open orders

Just noticed I forgot M6.. Does anybody even use it: M6 and M12?

Diogo Seca: Just noticed I forgot M6.. Does anybody even use it: M6 and M12?

May I ask what is the objective of the Poll?

There are so many trade techniques, strategies, methods, etc. and even non-time-frame based charts, like renko, constant range, constant volume, tick volume, etc. - making this poll not have much relevance for many traders.

Maybe if you explain what it is you are trying to research or learn, then maybe the poll can be better answered.‌

I for one use many time-frames and many charting types depending on the strategy used, so if I had to answer this poll as it stands now, I would end up selecting almost every single option!‌

Fernando Carreiro:

I for one use many time-frames and many charting types depending on the strategy used, so if I had to answer this poll as it stands now, I would end up selecting almost every single option!‌

It's ok. Just select the ones that you use (or if you like, the most important ones in your analysis)
Fernando Carreiro:

Maybe if you explain what it is you are trying to research or learn, then maybe the poll can be better answered.‌

The purpose of the poll is to find which timeframes people typically use to analyze and trade the market.
Most traders that I've come in contact with rarely use more than a handful of timeframes.‌

By knowing which timeframes are more popular, perhaps we can better develop investment strategies..

As an example, a very useful information to know is that portefolio managers typically give priority to D1 charts.‌
Taking this into account, perhaps it's better not to design any strategy that fully ignores D1 price action.

A‌s a conclusion of this poll so far, I've found that timeframes like M12 and H8 probably have negligible impact on the psychology of traders.‌
I might be completely wrong... but I may also be right somewhere...

Diogo Seca:
It's ok. Just select the ones that you use (or if you like, the most important ones in your analysis)

The purpose of the poll is to find which timeframes people typically use to analyze and trade the market.
Most traders that I've come in contact with rarely use more than a handful of timeframes.‌

By knowing which timeframes are more popular, perhaps we can better develop investment strategies..

As an example, a very useful information to know is that portefolio managers typically give priority to D1 charts.‌
Taking this into account, perhaps it's better not to design any strategy that fully ignores D1 price action.

A‌s a conclusion of this poll so far, I've found that timeframes like M12 and H8 probably have negligible impact on the psychology of traders.‌
I might be completely wrong... but I may also be right somewhere...

Your results will then be skewed because there are currently more MT4 users than there are MT5. Many of the time-frames you reference in the poll are only available on MT5 and can only be reproduced on MT4 with non-standard ways. Maybe you should separate the two, otherwise the statistics will be biased!

Any statistics based on a poll here is completely unreliable.

1. How ‌do you know people are "voting" seriously? I can say you I click on any choice each time I see a poll.
  2. People going on a forum are most probably not representative. of the masses.‌

A poll here is just for fun, I hope everyone know it.‌ Just an opinion.

Alain Verleyen:

Any statistics based on a poll here is completely unreliable.

1. How ‌do you know people are "voting" seriously? I can say you I click on any choice each time I see a poll.
  2. People going on a forum are most probably not representative. of the masses.‌

A poll here is just for fun, I hope everyone know it.‌ Just an opinion.

I was not really thinking about it that way, but after you called it to our attention - I see that it really will not be of much use and that there was no point to my suggestions. Thanks!

I cry :'(
Reason: