Problems after upgrading to version 5.00 build 1629 (14 jul 2017)

After accepting MT5 advice to upgrade to version 5.00 build 1629 (14 jul 2017) my bot stopped working.

Compilation goes fine, but, after a successful order execution, HistoryOrdersTotal() now returns zero instead of 1, that was the correct behavior of previous MT5 versions.

Anyone else experiencing some problem after upgrading to the newest MT5 version?

Don't try beta version if you are not ready to be a beta tester.

Bugs have to be reported to ServiceDesk.

Alain Verleyen:

Maybe I read the MT5 advice too fast, but I don´t recall any mention to beta version. BTW, thanks! I´m going to downgrade MT5 and open a ticket.

lorenooliveira:

Maybe I read the MT5 advice too fast, but I don´t recall any mention to beta version. BTW, thanks! I´m going to downgrade MT5 and open a ticket.

MetaTrader 5 Platform Beta Build 1625: Custom financial instruments

1625 up to 1629 are beta.

lorenooliveira:

Anyone else experiencing some problem after upgrading to the newest MT5 version?

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Ошибки, баги, вопросы

fxsaber, 2017.07.17 23:08

В очередной раз ошибка HistorySelect  в тестере. В 1626, вроде, не было. В 1629 - есть.

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>

void OnTick()
{
  static CTrade Trade;

const datetime NowTime = TimeCurrent();

if (Trade.Buy(1) && Trade.PositionClose(_Symbol) && HistorySelect(NowTime, NowTime))
  {
    Print(HistoryDealsTotal()); // 0 - это при том, что мы открыли и закрыли позицию в NowTime-время

ExpertRemove();
  }
}

Alain Verleyen:

Alain, is it possible to refuse being a beta tester? I tried to disable live updates but couldn´t find such an option searching in the menus. Then I found a page in the docs (https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/autoupdate) which states that live updates cannot be disabled.

So, how can I avoid having my bots stop working due to changes/bugs in newer versions?

Live Update - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Live Update - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
A system of automatic updates is built into the platform. It provides timely updates to new versions. This system can not be deactivated. Upon...

lorenooliveira:

Alain, is it possible to refuse being a beta tester? I tried to disable live updates but couldn´t find such an option searching in the menus. Then I found a page in the docs (https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/autoupdate) which states that live updates cannot be disabled.

So, how can I avoid having my bots stop working due to changes/bugs in newer versions?

Don't connect to Metaquotes-Demo server, ever.

Alain Verleyen:
Don't connect to Metaquotes-Demo server, ever.

AFAIK, I´m not. I´m using my broker server.

lorenooliveira:

AFAIK, I´m not. I´m using my broker server.

Connecting 1 terminal, 1 time is enough. It will update all your terminals.

You can't get a beta from your broker.

Victor:

Интересно

Снова тот же глюк. Прям как-то боязно использовать инструмент с такими подарками

Предоставьте подробности.

Reason: